Best bonuses at Canadian online casinos 2020
The strong competition between Canadian online casinos means that they are struggling to attract new gamblers' attention. Thus, sites try to offer users better conditions than their competitors. Players benefit from these competitions as they can choose from hundreds of great casino bonuses, CA.
A bonus is something that the gambling site offers to customers as a gift, which will give them an additional benefit. Gambling sites reward players with the best online casino bonuses so that they can experience all the opportunities. For example, new punters can receive a whole generous welcome package that consists of additional money and free spins. Returning gamblers have the opportunity to get access to reload bonuses and a VIP program. Without regard to whether you are signing up or returning once again, there must be some great promotion for you.
All offers in Canadian online casinos are entirely voluntary, and gamblers can choose to opt-out at their discretion. Also, there are some requirements that punters need to know beforehand. With the knowledge of how to meet all the terms, any player can significantly boost their winnings.
The best deals for 2020
|Bonus||Play for real|
|Play for real|
|Play for real|
|Play for real|
|Joycasino||up to 2000CAD |
|Play for real|
|Play for real|
|Play for real|
|Play for real|
|Play Fortuna||750CAD |
|Play for real|
|Play for real|
Types of Casino Bonuses
Undoubtedly, the most popular promotional offer is a welcome bonus. This reward is specifically targeted at new customers who have just created an account. So, if you registered an account some time ago, you don’t qualify for this type of offer. However, you can benefit from rewards for your loyalty. The offer is normally the major thing that is highlighted on the website’s main page.
All Canadian welcome bonuses come with some rules which you must take into consideration:
- Minimum deposit amount. All welcome promotions have a certain amount you must deposit to get them. This amount is about 10 or 20 Canadian dollars. There can be additional conditions, so make sure you pay attention when you try to receive a gift;
- Maximum bet. The majority of casino offers come with maximum bet punters can make using the extra funds;
- Wagering requirements. The bonus is most often paid in extra money, not in actual cash. This means that before withdrawing this money, you must complete some playthrough requirements. But, some offers are immediately payable. To clarify this point, you should read the terms on the related page on the website;
- Maximum cashout. Some gambling sites set the maximum amount of money in which players can withdraw. For no deposit rewards, this is usually a small amount, often up to 100 Canadian dollars. However, for deposit bonuses, it can reach thousands of dollars or more.
Welcome offers typically come in different shapes and sizes. Users can select bonuses from many options, but there are a few of the most popular welcome offers:
- Sign up bonus. Sign-up bonuses abound in today’s rewards casino market and are a prominent feature of the best gambling websites. Players can claim a sign-up bonus just after they have registered a new account. Usually, it is related to the first deposit amount. Sometimes such promotion can reach 200% of the first deposit amount or even more. The playthrough terms are often about x30 — punters must reach such total before withdrawing money;
- Matched bonus. It is one of the most commonly available in Canadian casinos. This offer usually gives a large sum of money — it can even reach a thousand dollars. Some gambling sites offer a whole package that consists of a few bonuses. For example, new players can double not only their first deposit but also second and third deposits. You should take into account that match bonuses always have a maximum cap. If the gambling site offers a 100% gift of up to 500 Canadian dollars, it will give a maximum of 500 Canadian dollars and no more;
- No deposit bonus. It is an awesome way to boost the account and win a good prize or even a jackpot. By offering such bonuses, clubs don’t require making deposits first. The amount offered in such bonuses generally is not very big, between 10 and 20 Canadian dollars. To claim the cash, new punters need to register a new account. You should consider that there are hefty wagering requirements that can limit how much you can win;
- Free spins. There is a great deal of no deposit free spins casinos in Canada. If you’re lucky enough, you can use these promotions to start making a bankroll and even win a jackpot. This type allows you to spin the reel for certain times for free. Some gambling sites give a small amount of 10-20, while others offer a big number of 100+ free spins bonuses. All the winnings will be credited as bonus cash, so you need to wager these money certain times;
- Free bets. They are a great deal for those who prefer table games. The gambling club will provide them with real cash to make bets. For instance, if you make the first deposit of 100 CAD, you will obtain one or two 10 CAD bets for free.
What else gambling sites can offer for punters who have already got a welcome bonus and wagered It in slots, roulette, poker, and other games? If casinos did not have a system of encouraging regular players, then all investments in attracting new users would be wasted. Almost all Canadian sites understand this perfectly, so they offer huge casino bonuses for regular customers.
This type is for those customers who don’t want to change one gambling club to another and want to find a casino that is worth their attention. Casino websites will typically reward their players with different reload bonuses and loyalty programs. But if you are not regular players and like to change the game's place, this bonus is not for you. In such a situation, you can stick to the welcome offers.
They work very similarly to welcome promotions, so you need to make real-money deposits to claim these offers. If you prefer playing for high stakes, there is a piece of good news for you — the gambling site will encourage you with some special offers like VIP programs and high-roller prizes.
Bonuses for regular players can be very profitable, and they can greatly boost your account with free cash. The number of these offers and their conditions vary. So, it is recommended to check the promotion terms and conditions, as the requirements can be dramatically different.
The best Canadian gambling sites provide a vast diversity of bonuses for existing players. The most popular rewards are:
- Cashback. Cashback rewards are becoming increasingly popular in Canadian gambling websites. This is a refund of bonus money, and sometimes even real money cash, which punters will return to their account if they lose money during the game. This type of reward is usually a percentage of your net loss. Typically, gamblers who receive cashback can get between 5% and 25% of their losses. Some online clubs only offer real money bonuses to customers who participate in the VIP or loyal player program. However, as a rule, all players can apply for them;
- Reload. They are rewards that casinos offer after the initial welcome bonus. They can be used by all punters several times. They are still a match bonus, which means that casinos will match a deposit by certain percentages. But the reload bonus will be applied to each deposit you are making, not just the first. The percentage rate will not be the same as in the welcome bonuses, but since they can be used infinitely, this is not a problem. And some restrictions, such as wagering requirements, apply to this sort of reward;
- Loyalty. Loyalty is rewarded at casinos because gambling providers want the player to stay without looking for another online gambling club. Users can greatly benefit from loyalty programs — they enjoy certain offers and unique privileges. Several different loyalty bonuses are designed to the needs and desires of each type of gambler: reload gifts, free spins, cashback, and other special offers. New players are usually included in loyalty programs after registering and depositing real money on the gaming site;
- Refer-a-friend. Online casinos want to constantly increase their popularity and invite players to their platform. Therefore, they offer refer-a-friend bonuses. Most often, this is free money that you get when you invite new gamblers to the casino. If your friends are also interested in games, tell them about your favourite online slots. The good thing is that this is a win-win situation for you and your friends, as the casino offers bonuses for both of you. The club thanks you and your friends for joining there. However, the process can be tough and requires your friends to make a deposit;
- High roller. A high roller is someone who invests more than expected and plays longer than expected. Some online casinos may define their high rollers as players who make deposits of at least 1000 Canadian dollars or more. These offers usually mean that high rollers get a little more along with their huge deposit gift. This added benefit is usually instant access to the special program, higher awards, and better cashback rates. As a VIP member of a loyalty program, you often receive many more privileges than ordinary players cannot. If you are a regular player, sooner or later, you will receive a VIP program and even receive attractive birthday gifts and other special encouragements. Find out more about slots with the highest payouts.
What is Bonus Code and How It Works
Bonus codes are a sequence of letters and numbers that players can find in forums or other websites. Such promotions can consist of different things: cash or free spins. Most frequently, such codes are no deposit bonuses — punters do not need to deposit to earn money.
Bonus codes are always the subject of various rules. They may require you to wager a certain amount of the gift — for example, 25 or even 50 times. Like many other casino promotions, codes can limit the maximum winnings that gamblers can transfer to their cash balance. You can find this information on the appropriate pages on the casino website.
Using a special code in Canadian casinos is very similar to using it on the retailer’s website. You should follow a step by step instruction to getting the gift. Before confirming the code and get earn the bonus, check the code for accuracy.
To earn free cash, do such actions:
- 1. Sign up. Choose a Canadian gambling website and register a new account. If you are already a member of the casino community, log in with your credentials;
- 2. Make a deposit. On the cashier page, choose the banking option you prefer. Make sure that deposits via this payment option support the promo codes and enter the amount. Keep in mind the match rate, limit, and playthrough requirements;
- 3. Enter the code. This code box stands on the final deposit page. Type the code and click the button Submit;
- 4. Start playing casino games. After you deposited money into your account, you will get a bonus. You should meet all requirements, and after that, you will be able to withdraw this money.
You should take into account that some gambling sites offer to enter a code during the registration. This box will be available among other registration fields. In this case, you will not be able to enter the code during the deposit, so while registering, check if the code box is available.
Wagering Requirements in Casinos
All Canadian gambling sites attract new players with rich and profitable promotions — but almost all of these bonuses cannot be instantly converted to real cash. Before casino players are allowed to withdraw their winnings, they should meet all the wagering requirements. Punters should bet their deposits for a set number of times. For example, if a player deposits 500 Canadian dollars, and the requirements are x30, he needs to wager 500 Canadian dollars for 30 times before any withdrawal will be processed.
Typically, betting requirements range from 20x to 40x of the amount. Always take into consideration: the lower are the requirements, the better your chances of withdrawing winnings before you run out of money.
For instance, if you get a 100% welcome bonus of 200 Canadian dollars, and the playthrough requirements are x20, you will get 400 Canadian dollars. Before withdrawing this money, you need to gamble 4000 Canadian dollars. Some gambling sites require complete playthrough requirements on both the deposit and the reward you have claimed. So, in such a case, you will have to wager 8000 Canadian dollars. This amount is not at all small, so not every player will be able to fulfill such conditions.
Besides wager, there can be some other restrictions that every player should take into consideration:
- Game wagering weighting. Some casinos place restrictions on the games players can fulfill requirements. For example, playing slot machines is the best way to wager casino bonuses as they will count 100% unlocking bonuses. On the other hand, table games very often count for less — for 50% or even 25%. Some games, for example, poker, can be completely excluded from counting towards the wagering amount;
- Banking method restrictions. Some casinos give preference to certain deposit methods, and they offer more rich bonuses when depositing for a certain method. It may not be possible to receive credits to the account in some situations – some banking methods do not support any promotions. For example, e-wallets Skrill and Neteller are often excluded from unlocking welcome and reload promotions. So, carefully read the rules of the site and clarify the possibility of receiving money;
- Maximum winning caps. Many online casinos set limits on the amount that players can withdraw from their accounts. Thus, you may not always be able to withdraw the jackpot if you are lucky enough to win it with money — only a small portion will be available to you;
- Game restrictions. Some rewards are only available in certain types. For instance, free spins are only playable in slot games. But some gambling sites impose additional restrictions, and punters must wager bonuses only in certain titles – it makes the process even harder.
After explaining the bets in online casinos, you will be pleased to know that there are online casinos that provide a wide spectrum of prizes without wagering requirements. This has the advantage that you can pick them up right away and usually do not need to make a deposit to use them. However, the rewards offered are typically very small, but it's still a great way to start and enjoy lots of winnings at no extra cost.
Can Bonus Cash Be Translated into Real Money
All bonuses received by the player for registration can be converted into real money when withdrawing funds, provided that the requirements are met. As already explained, however, your bonus is subject to high requirements. Another condition: you must have a larger amount in your account than the minimum possible withdrawal. If you want to find out the minimum amount, go to the withdrawal page and check all terms. If you have some problems with your bonus money, you can contact customer support and ask a question.
Also, all casino bonus offers are limited in time. The time limit depends on the casino. Many give 30 days to make your deposit. However, it is not uncommon to see a time limit of only one week. Those who play for bonuses for free spins should also check whether free spins are limited in time. Some casinos require you to unlock free spins for 24 to 72 hours after depositing. Otherwise, you lose your back.
Many players may be interested in the time of withdrawal of bonus funds. It should be noted that this parameter differs depending on the casino and the chosen payment system. The fastest withdrawal is available to e-wallets — money should come within a few hours. Withdrawal to bank cards will take from 1 to 3 business days.
Do Canadian Players Have to Pay Tax
Many new casino players are interested in the question of whether they should pay taxes on their winnings at online casinos. The answer to this question depends on whether you are an amateur or professional gambler.
All Canadians for whom playing casino games is a hobby are not subject to income tax on online casino winnings. They don’t have to pay any taxes. However, there is an exception. If you are a regular online or offline player and make money on betting, you must pay taxes. Professional poker, blackjack, or other professional players are viewed as operating their own freelance business. It is taxed in Canada.
Where to play?
- Become part of one of the best VIP bonus programs for loyal players at the most recommended online casino in Canada - Fastpay