Casino Poker Rules. What is Poker?
There are numerous amazing table games, but with regard to its clarity and evident reputation, Poker overlords above the other casino games. As a perfect mixture of accidental lucky elements, a set of tactics (including unique mathematical outcomes), and a mental study of the opponents, the game of Poker leads the paramount popularity list, especially since the beginning of the WSP (World Series of Poker) in the 1970s.
So, Poker is a card game (played in many variations) in which every player bets over which hand is best according to specific ranking rules. Customarily the game is modified in regard of:
- using or not one standard deck,
- what is the deck composition,
- what is the number of players and cards in play,
- what is the configuration of cards dealt face up or down,
- what is the amount of community cards allowed,
- how many rounds of betting will the game consist of?
Betting at Poker
No matter how different, all variants of the game share the following chances for betting actions:
- Check - When the player turn is passed to his next left neighbour. The player doesn’t make a bet but has the chance to call or raise later, i.e. nobody has opened a betting yet, and the player also declines his opportunity to place a bet at this moment. In case all active players are using the checking option, the round is reckoned done, and those same players continue in hand.
- Bet - When the player puts a bet - chips in the pot. The first bet is considered a bet to „open.” The usual reaction of the rest of the players still in hand is to either call with the full amount of the bet or to raise.
- Fold - When the player quits his play in this hand, giving up his interest in the current pot and his chance of re-entering as well. The drop-out then casts his cards in the “muck”- a pile of all discarded cards. The player loses the initial bet (1 x Ante)
- Call - When the player puts a number of chips equivalent to the most recent bet inside the current pot or acts with raise. If further no opposer calls this bet or rises - the player wins the pot.
- Raise - When the player increases the highest placed bet. Usually, this announces to everyone at the table that the player holds a strong hand.
After the betting is finalized, in case there are multiple players still in the run, the action “showdown” follows. All the persistent players show and compare each other’s hands. The victor hand that surpasses all the others is taking the pot. In case only one player was left in the run after all the betting and folding was done, that player doesn’t need to show his hand and is immediately the pot winner.
The mandatory (forced) amount of chips (equal for all players) given by every player as a contribution to form the pot is named “Ante.” It is collected before the players are permitted to see their cards. It is like having the motivation to stick to the game instead of folding immediately when you see that you don’t have perfect cards.
Except for the Ante - all the other bets that the player will post are voluntary and depend on his game strategy.
Basic Hand ranking at Poker
Besides betting, the next piece of procedure you need to learn by heart is the cards' combination and respectively the payouts for them.
|Name||Definition and examples||Image||Winner, when multiple players hold the same hand||Payout (standard)|
|Royal Flush||Ace, King, Queen, Jack, and a 10, of the same suit |
| ||-||ante + 100 x bet|
|Straight Flush||Five cards in the row of the same suit |
| ||The highest rank first card||(resp. bet 50-100)|
|Four of a kind|| |
Four identical cards and one different card
| ||Highest rank quartet||ante + 40 x bet|
|Full House|| |
Three equal cards and two other equal card
| ||Highest rank trio||ante + 7 x bet|
|Flush||Any five cards of the same suit but not in the row |
|Higher or next higher card |
ex. Q+9+7+6+3 beats Q+9+7+5+4
|ante + 5 x bet|
Five unsuited cards in the row
|Highest rank combo||ante + 4 x bet|
|Three of a kind (Set)|| |
Three identical cards and two unpaired card
|Highest rank trio||ante + 3 x bet|
|Two pairs (combo)|| |
Two pairs and one different card
|Highest rank pair or the highest different card |
ex. Q+Q+7+7+10 beats Q+Q+7+7+4
|ante + 2 x bet|
|Pair (Couple)||One pair and three different cards |
|Highest rank pair or the highest different card |
K+Q+10+8+8 beats 6+7+10+8+8
|ante + bet|
Attention: Remember - if two players hold the same type of combination, the winner is the hand with the higher - ranking cards. If both hands have the same ranks of cards (suit are irrelevant), then it is a tie, and the chips from the pot have to be split evenly.
You can check your knowledge and try a game of Poker for free on our website. The following variations of online poker are available by NetEnt:
Addition to your Poker glossary
- Flop - are the three community cards dealt face-up on the table.
- Turn - it is another card dealt on the table.
- River - it is the last card. It is dealt with on the table.
- Under the gun - is the player situated on the left of the big blind. He has to act first.
- Big and small blind - are forced bets in some variants of Poker, with the purpose the compelled players to be extra involved in taking part in the hand.
- Small blind - is the player situated first left to the dealer.
- Big blind - is the player situated left to the small blind.
- Heads up - is the one on one session (you against a single opponent), i.e. with huge winning chances. Exist as predestined 2 player game or can occur later in multiple players game after all but 2 folded
- All-in - is the player with no more options for betting, as he put all his chips into the pot already.
Special features at Poker
- In Caribbean Poker: It is allowed to swap some of your 5 cards with the cards next in the deck. Be careful - however opportunistic this may sound, it will cost you some Ante!
- In Russian Poker: It is allowed to buy an additional 6th card to enhance your chance of winning the pot. Then it is permitted to use the best 5 card combination that you can form with all the 6 cards. Be careful - however advantageous this may seem, it will cost you some Ante!
- Betting on Insurance: This feature is a side bet that enables you to secure some profit when you feel like having a strong hand, and the dealer has “no game.” In case you win, you will immediately receive a 1:1 bet payout. The ultimate disadvantage of betting on Insurance can occur when the dealer unexpectedly “has a game.”
- Betting on bonuses: At Texas Hold'em Bonus Poker game, there is an additional bonus bet - hinged entirely on the starting player’s hand, no matter if the player beats or loses to the dealer.
- Many online sites are promoting free bets, welcome bonuses, and other bonuses and cash surprises. We recommend playing at one of the best online casinos in the gambling industry - Fastpay Casino.
Rules of Texas Holdem by NetEnt
This is the instruction on how to play the Poker variant Texas Hold’em at Net Entertainment.
- Start with placing the mandatory initial bet - ante. You can select chips with different denominations from the lower right corner of the page and then click the " Ante " game box.” With every click, you are adding one more chip of the same denomination as your starting bet. You should pay attention that the response rate (“call bet”) will be two times bigger than the ante. There is an option for average bet as well.
- After you are satisfied with your initial bets, press “Deal.” At this point, the program will give you 2 cards. Next will be dealt 2 cards (face-down) to the dealer himself.
- In the following step, you have to decide if you will stay in the game and “call,” or you will stop at this point and “fold.” If you fold - you automatically lose your initial bet. If you choose to play - you need to press the “call” button so that the dealer will display the “flop”- 3 face-up community cards.
- In the following step, you have to make a decision - to place an additional bet of 1 ante or to open the next card - 3rd card in your hand - free of charge. Then again, you have to make a decision - to place an additional bet of 1 ante or to open the next card - 4th card in your hand - free of charge. One last time you have to make a decision - to place an additional bet of 1 ante or to open the next card - 5th card in your hand - free of charge.
- Card comparing follows, and if you hold the victorious hand, the bets (ante + additional response bets) are paid 1:1.
- In case of a “no game” situation, the dealer pays 1:1 all of our bets (when at the opening stage, the dealer has no decent combination).
- If additional bets were made during the 4th and 5th card reveals, these bets would be paid 1:1 as well, if your hand wins.
Playing online Poker is maybe not as spectacular as playing the Live Poker version with a physical croupier. Still, it is a fun and gripping game and, in many cases, even more profitable!
Tips before entering the Poker world
More experienced players advise you to:
- Rehearse your Poker rules knowledge (for example, at an online casino, which gives chances of free games) and begin playing with the lowest possible bets.
- Prepare your future performance (for real money) by exercising different strategies (aggressive, selective, and bluffing) in balance proportion - without overdoing them.
- You don’t need to play all the hands - only the “reasonably good ones.” From 10 good hands, play one, rather than attempting to play them all. Also, you don’t need to panic with “fold.” There will always be someone who loses for the game seeks, so if you are not lucky with this hand, you should fold this time and hope for better next time.
- Play within the bounds of your bankroll and to the speed of the game. You can raise your starting fund and move to another table with gaining more experience - dealing more hands per hour.
- Be patient, observant, and think in the distance. Many players fancy this table game in particular just because they think they are excellent in “people reading,” which next to having luck is essential for winning in Poker.
Be prepared and aware, don't despair, and your money affair will be fair! Poker is not a nightmare - be at the table or be square!
- Rules of Roulette
- Rules of Blackjack
- Rules of Baccarat
- Rules of table games
- Play all casino games for free
Where to play?
- We highly recommend you play all poker types for free or real money at Fastpay Casino, a 100% honest and reliable gambling site. Moreover, you will be pleased with the wide range of games (over 5000) and super-fast withdrawals (1-5 minutes.)