Online slot clones from NetEnt
Have you ever contemplated over professional writers like they are copying the great Shakespeare, just because they are using the same set of alphabet letters? Or maybe according to you he too in the last part of the 16th century was reproducing some older story when he created Romeo and Julia? And what about the musicians? Is it because they all employ a do-re-mi - music scale, written on the lines of the staff (or in the spaces between them) they all are in fact copying each other?
Well, the topic about original creations, and copies it does apply to online casino slots as well. There is no authority or license granting organization, which bestows the sole right to exclude others from making, using, or selling a slot invention.
Some players can instantly spot one slot imitation. The deja vu moment they have when playing some seemingly new released slot, knowing what is happening much too well, like they played this before!
It is proven to be true, and it is not of confidential matter. Many slot designers have launched games not entirely new and unique, but simply clones of older slots they or their competitors have launched previously! Not until a few years ago it was circulating the notion that Netent Company stands beyond and above this practice by applying unexampled and unduplicated design in new slot machines. The clone slot execution was until then „inherent vice” to many slots from Novomatic or Microgaming. To deliver a unique type of emotion, the clone developers supply only the reel symbols and the backdrop with a fresh look and design - “makeover” so to say, transforming the game in an attempt of obscuring any resemblance to the original slot.
In recent times some NetEnt games can be reviewed in a similar fashion - as cloned releases of existing slots.
The list of Netent clones of existing slots
|Лого||Slot||Clone logo||Link to clone||Clone logo||Link to clone|
|Flowers||Flowers Christmas edition|
|Fruit shop||Fruit Shop Christmas Edition||Glow|
|Twin Spin||Master of Mystery|
|Reel Rush||When pigs fly|
|Secret of the Stones||Secrets of Christmas|
Reasons for creating online slot clones
Some gambling professionals and experienced players think that is difficult/impossible to stay original with every slot theme, reel-shape, game-mechanism, and bonus concept because they have been already invented, framed, and re-worked a thousand times before (exactly as our Shakespeare analog above).
Some others are assigning the clones’ number growth to the developers’ desire to re-creating their own or others’ lucrative success. They all strive to be or stay popular. Perhaps it is related to the HTML5 implementation as well. Or some game studios just don't have it in them! That’s why they are simply satisfied by customization of one existing slot, rather than making their own masterpiece!
So, the new developers inevitably will come to the point of using elements already being implemented by others. Because coming up with unheard ideas and unfamiliar setup is an irrefutably complicated task, especially if it comes to be accepted by the rigorous casino audience and being a profit-making project at the same time.
How to recognize online slot clones
Although the possible deviation of the design and number of reel symbols if you are a mature player you will be able to directly identify one cloned slot by:
- The similar paytable;
- The identical triggering and execution of a bonus game;
- The familiar number of free spins;
- The matching construction in granting the same array of payouts for winning.
Albeit a cloned online slot uses the very same characteristics of the original game, most likely uses its own prize pool for winning.
There is a possibility as well that the clone will have some special attributes, unlike the authentic version.
With NetEnt games, for example, Secret of the Stones is excluded from wagering, but with Secrets of Christmas that is still available.
Pros and Cons of playing slot clones
There are some opinions expressed in favour of, or against the clones.
The main advantages are:
- You can enlarge your game selection with a number of games, for which you don’t need specific new knowledge or instructions;
- By playing a clone you are already familiar with the game structure, so you will spend less time playing demo mode to grasp the slot framework.
- Once you find that a certain game is a clone of one of your favourite games you can apply the same game strategy, which worked for you before.
- If you have the attitude to stop playing immediately after a big win, and that win came too early - just after a few spins, you can always diversify by playing the clone after that.
- After you made your research and found which the clone of your preferred game is, you can choose to play the one (the authentic or the clone) with higher RTP and better variance that suits you.
- You will not have a new type of base or bonus game features;
- You will encounter the same paytable despite the different reel design;
- If you find some characteristic annoying in the original version of the game the chance is big that will annoy you with the clone as well.
With certainty, there are a lot of crisp, newborn slot games, frequently launched by different developers.
These new slots offer span-new game features and original structures, so, always stay open for new slot experiments! But do not discard the slots clones just yet! Do not eliminate them like any no-longer useful, undesirable, obsolete junk! Playing such a slot can also bring you to a winnings streak as any new slot!
Where to play?
- Play over 5000 games at Fastpay Casino, the best gambling place in Canada. You will be pleased with the excellent customer care, VIP bonus program for loyal players and super-fast withdrawals (1-5 minutes.)