- Written by Kamen Valev
Microgaming slots with high volatility at online casinos in Canada
With this column, we will accent on Microgaming online video slots with high volatility, many of which prized and admired by different generations for decades already. Many slots by Microgaming have high volatility.
Remember: You need to be careful with such slots: they can bring massive winning, but at the same time, you can lose with them many times in a row. Chasing after your losses, expecting a big win around the corner will be a wrong game approach when playing with high volatility slots.
Learn more about the winnings’ dispersion at the slot machines and the cyclicality in their nature with the links below:
- Variance and volatility in online slots
- The winnings’ cycles at slots
- Top 10 high volatility slots from all developers
- Online slots with high and low volatility
Top 10 Microgaming high volatility SLOTS
Further down is our “players’ digest book“ for the riskiest slots from Microgaming (in no particular order):
Break Da Bank Again
With 9 pay lines and an RTP of 95.43% Break Da Bank Again slot is outdated in regard to graphics and simple design bank-themed game, where the scatter is a vault symbol and the wild card is the game logo, operating with an x5 multiplier. The main action is in the free spins feature, which activates the maximum potential of winning. The player needs to get five identical symbols on one active payline with the wild symbol. With a 25x multiplier, big win possibilities are quite numerous!
- RTP of 95.43% doesn't allow getting a positive mathematical expectation at a casino.
- The frequency of falling of the bonus is statistically, every 190th spin (0.53%).
- Volatility - 18.9 out of 20 (high).
- The rating of the slot machine for the wagering is 1.05 out of 10.
This slot is extremely popular, and though it has a medium-average variance still takes place in our list, cause here you can win a lot. Immortal Romance slot offers wilds, scatter and free spins. The game uses the same "engine" as Thunderstruck 2, Finers Reels of life and Playboy, only the visual design is significantly different.
Immortal Romance shows a minor drawback - a nuisance with the stakes. High-rollers are extremely annoyed by the machine because it refuses payouts if the stake is higher than 30 CAD per spin. This is caused by the actions of some Canadian online casinos limiting the maximum bet on this slot to 6 CAD due to the high volatility, as a result of which the slot cannot gather enough money in its prize pool. So, the conclusion is, that this Vampire sci-fi slot is suitable for players with a smaller bankroll.
- RTP of 96.86% allows getting a positive mathematical expectation at a casino.
- The frequency of falling of the bonus is statistically, every 160th spin (0,63%).
- Volatility is 9,02 out of 20 (average).
- The rating of the slot machine for the wagering is 3.93 out of 10.
As a slot with high volatility in Microgaming’s top 10 list, this too has potential for massive winning, if only you are lucky to get it! However, even for a true animal lover, the basic game has nothing interesting to show due to the average and predictable design. The free spins feature has some winning potential owed to the expanding features, but the symbols basically have disappointingly low payouts and the free spins have no multiplier.
With its 5 reels and 243 ways to win Pretty Kitty slot is a video slot, which can be somewhat generous, but only if a stacked symbol appears on the first reel, then all the matching high-value symbols will expand.
- RTP of 97% allows getting a positive mathematical expectation at a casino.
- The frequency of falling of the bonus is statistically, every 123 spins (0,81)%.
- Volatility is 10,18 out of 20 (average to high).
- The rating of the slot machine for the wagering is 3,51 out of 10.
This is one “gray” aged slot machine (released in 2005 release) with very outdated, even crude animations and sounds. Full of characters of wealth and symbols of cash, there is a random coin win that goes up to 45 000 coins- which in fact is the most exciting payout. In the Cashville slot the wild symbol doesn’t replace every symbol (as in all the common games), no, here it only substitutes the cash symbols. There is an inner “pick bonus” game. All in all, this ancient slot is one good “cashable” slot because even the second most significant win here is higher than the maximum payment at many of today's slot games!
- RTP of 95.99% doesn't allow getting a positive mathematical expectation at a casino.
- Volatility is 11,78 out of 20 (high).
- The rating of the slot machine for the wagering is 2.5 out of 10.
Released in 2014 this slot offers a glimpse of the rich people’s full of perks life: shiny watches, jewelry, planes, yachts, cars, and gold- all the extravagant vitals needed for one luxury lifestyle. In the High Society slot, there is a bonus free spin feature with expanding wilds on the first reel and fifth reel. The player has two options to choose from: free spins feature with wild reels or free spins with multipliers. The bonuses can be triggered seldom. One can win decently during the base game, but the big action happens of course during the bonus feature. In general, the slot can be compared with Break Da Bank Again.
- RTP of 96.8% allows getting a positive mathematical expectation at a Canadian online casino.
- The frequency of falling of the bonus is statistically, every 202nd spin (0,50%).
- Volatility is 11,2 out of 20 (average).
- The rating of the slot machine for the wagering is 2,28 out of 10.
This legendary relic from Microgaming (the first version was released in 2004! and version 2.0 in 2010!) still has its admirers, even though is not as remarkably beautiful and sophisticated as most of the NetEnt games. It seems that the Thunderstruck slot remains popular for its high volatility. You can hit big winning during usual spins and in the free spins feature if you hit the top 5 symbols with the wild. In the feature, the player gets 15 free spins and an x3 multiplier. The probability of triggering the feature is 0.67% and can be re-triggered several times.
- RTP of 96,1% allows getting a positive mathematical expectation at a casino.
- The frequency of falling of the bonus is statistically, every 149th spin (0,67%).
- Volatility is 5,32 out of 20 (average).
- The rating of the slot machine for the wagering is 5,51 out of 10.
There is no bonus mode or free spins, only wilds, and scatters, and that substantially contributes to the game Lucky Twins becoming in a moment monotonous. However, the RTP is good with the index 96.94% and because of the high volatility if you are lucky enough to hit five of the twin symbols on an active pay-line you can win 5000x+.
Another well-received and admired slot released in 2020 is Electric Avenue with retro animation and sound. There are scatters, wild reels and two ways free spins: with power wilds, and with multiplier wild wheel.
The game generally has a decent RTP of 96.37% and high volatility, but the most important characteristic of this neon light 80’s slot is the 4096 win-all-ways system, which means you don't need to keep track of any pay lines, just let the machine to calculate them.
Designed on a very popular theme - replicated by many different developers, African Quest from Microgaming isn’t the best Safari/Jungle slot by many expert reviews. There are a lot of dead spins (especially in the free spins time), not enough wilds appearing, and predominantly 2 scatters when you need 3. So, this is a high volatility slot - be prepared for a disappointingly long and rocky road, before you hit the huge win.
Supe it up
With a plain 9, 10, J, Q, K, and A card symbols on one side and vibrant racing icons on the other, whilst definitely graphically and technically showing its age there's nothing out of date about the big wins that this slot can provide. Supe it up slot machine is one very liked Microgaming slot has high volatility, and a decent base game as well. The statistical probability of triggering the bonus feature is every 300th spin. So, do not expect quick huge money here. With 25 payout lines and an RTP of 95.21%, the level of variance is just right in this game - the ratio of risk to reward is set ideally for all players.
Should you choose slots with high volatility?
- Sure, the attraction of 5 wilds on 5000x+ for example is enormous. But you should have all your bases covered - with a massive bankroll and with serious patience (before a big win you can have 300-400-500 or more spins - empty or without bonus feature). One thing is really undeniable - only with slots with high volatility, you can expect 5000x+ winning!
- So, with high variance online games, you will often get a low paytable, with 'dead' wilds, and promises for more free spins 'retrigger', which hardly ever happen!
But oh my, oh my - if you do get them, consider yourself bloody lucky!
Before starting to play a high volatility slot, If you go for a slot with high volatility follow these steps:
1. Choosing the right casino
Microgaming’s high volatility slots show potential for huge winning. If you play one of them, safeguard yourself by checking in advance if that Canadian online casino is respectable and will pay out a huge amount of 5000x+ for example. Check here which online casinos are honest and trustworthy by following the link.
2. Trying the game for free
Performing your own tests at a selected slot in demo mode, will help you understanding, and analyzing the slot changes. Licensed slots are supposed to work equally in DEMO and REAL money mode.
3. Thoughtful stake selection
After becoming accustomed to the game, decide on your initial stake. It should be tailored to your balance. We advise picking a stake per single spin of at least 1/500 of your current balance. It will help you to get through the rounds until some bonus feature is triggered.
4. Stick to your original game strategy
Cautiously identify what is your bankroll and don’t place additional deposits above what you were planning to spend, calculating the amount you have lost. If your approach is to double your balance, then really stop at the point when you achieve to double your money.
Where to play?
- Play over 5000 games, including Microgaming at Fastpay Casino, the best gambling place in Canada. You will be pleased with the excellent customer care, VIP bonus program for loyal players and super-fast withdrawals (1-5 minutes.)