Playtech online slots with high variance
Contrary to the humongous (500+) amount of slots released by Playtech, the developers can hardly surprise the players with other than common themes and tolerable substance. The company doesn’t offer anything miraculous. Playtech often releases online slots with high volatility, which are mostly Novomatic or Microgaming "clones". That doesn’t make them necessary bad slots, just unoriginal and in some cases slightly lesser imitation.
Besides the inferior quality of Playtech slots, the general opinion is that many of them “can easily eat your balance”, some are even called “huge rip-offs” and require “truly fat bankroll, or a very very lucky day!”
So, no surprise when the players receive advice to choose any slots from Netent, Microgaming, PlayNGo, NYX, Novoline, or Yggdrasil instead. Very few slots by Playtech have high volatility.
Remember: You need to be careful with high variance slots: they can bring massive winning, but at the same time, you can lose with them many times in a row. So, don't assume to get rich in a 100 spins time. Chasing after your losses, expecting a big win around the corner will be a wrong game approach when playing with high volatility slots.
Learn more about the winnings’ dispersion (slots ‘volatility) and the cyclicality in the online machines nature with the links below:
- The dispersion (volatility) at Netent slots
- Variance and volatility in online slots
- The winnings’ cycles at Netent slots
- Top 10 high volatility slots from all developers
- Online slots with high and low volatility
List of Playtech high volatility SLOTS
Further down is our “players’ digest book“ for the riskiest Playtech online machines (in no particular order):
- Great Blue slot is well known among gamblers and seemingly simple, but you win a decent amount in it. The main feature is the stacked wild symbols.
- Maximum potential can be released during the free spins feature. You can trigger up to 30 free spins with an incredible multiplier 15x.
- Free spins can be retriggered.
- This slot has 25 pay lines.
- The RTP (return to player percentage) is only 94.25%, but the game is still popular because of the high volatility and massive potential of winning.
- The game is very similar to the previous one. Same stacked wilds and same free spins feature with multipliers.
- This machine has a lower volatility than Great Blue. The player can trigger up to 45 free spins, but the maximum multiplier is only 10x.
- RTP here is only 94.10%.
Rome and Glory
- Not the most well-known slot in the line-up. But many people know how it works. It's a fact that reminds a lot of the legendary Book of Ra slot by Novomatic. This slot has high volatility and significant potential for big winning.
- The player can trigger the free spins feature. Before free spins start, the slot will randomly choose a symbol that will be an additional scatter.
- RTP here is 96.08%. You can compare it with the previous slots.
- It seems to be a Marvel theme, but the slot looks much more boring than their numerous counterparts.
- Captain America is a slot with high volatility.
- Before the free spins feature starts, the player needs to choose the shields. It can fill extra free spins, extra multipliers (up to X3), and expanding wilds.
- Free spins can be re-triggered,
- RTP here is 94.92%.
- This is another online slot by Playtech with high volatility. The gameplay is a clone of the Rome and Glory.
- Just like in Rome and Glory, you can trigger the free spins feature. First, a player gets 10 free spins. Then the slot selects the scatter symbol, which will be expanded.
- RTP here is 94.99%.
- This is the next slot in which before the free spins feature is started, it randomly selects additional scatter.
- Thai Paradise has a difference from other slots (as Rome and Glory slot and Sultans Gold) - it has 15 lines.
- The RTP here is 94.99%.
Captains Treasure Pro
- Captains Treasure Pro has 20 pay lines, and free spins feature with additional expanding scatters.
- Another important point is the RTP of 96.08%. For Playtech it is solid.
- This is quite an unusual Playtech slot with 15 lines. It has less volatility than others. The maximum payout is 9,000 coins. There is a fairly standard bonus feature – 15 free spins with an X3 multiplier with re-triggers.
- RTP is sufficiently high, 96.2%.
- This slot looks like the previous one. The free spins feature: 15 free spins with an X3 multiplier.
- The RTP here is 95.17%.
- During usual spins, there is no action here. You will need to wait until free spins are triggered. Play carefully here - choose a stake per spin which is (at least) 200x more than your account balance.
Should you choose slots with high volatility?
Sure, the attraction of 5 wilds on 5000x+ for example is enormous. But you should have all your bases covered- with a massive bankroll and with serious patience (before a big win you can have 300-400-500 or more spins- empty or without bonus feature). One thing is really undeniable - only with slots with high volatility, you can expect 5000x+ winning!
So, with high variance online games, you will often get low paytable, with 'dead' wilds, and promises for more free spins 'retrigger', which hardly ever happen!
But oh my, oh my - if you do get them, consider yourself bloody lucky!
Before starting to play a high volatility SLOT, If you go for a slot with high volatility follow these steps:
1. Choosing the right casino
Playtech high volatility slots show the potential for huge winning. If you play one of them, safeguard yourself by checking in advance if that online casino is respectable and will pay out a huge amount of 5000x+, or the Jackpot for example. Read about Playtech Progressive Jackpot scandals on the forums. Check here which casinos are honest and trustworthy by following the link below:
2. Trying the game for free
Performing your own tests at selected slot in demo mode will help you to understand, and analyze the slot changes. Licensed slots are supposed to work equally in DEMO and REAL money mode.
3. Thoughtful stake selection
After becoming accustomed to the game, decide how much your initial stake is going to be (should be tailored to your balance). We advise picking a stake per single spin of at least 1/500 of your current balance. It will help you to get through the rounds until some bonus feature is triggered.
4. Stick to your original game strategy
Cautiously identify what is your bankroll and don’t place additional deposits above what originally you were planning to spend, calculating the amount you have lost. If your approach is to double your balance, then really stop at the point when you achieve to double your money.
Where to play?
- Play over 5000 games, including Playtech at Fastpay Casino, the best gambling place in Canada. You will be pleased with the excellent customer care, VIP bonus program for loyal players and super-fast withdrawals (1-5 minutes.)