When is it profitable to play slots at Canadian online casinos?
Perhaps you are superstitious when it comes to selecting the ideal moment to begin playing in an online casino? It is common knowledge that online casinos work nonstop, even during holidays and weekends.
Does it make any difference at all if you play in the first week of the month, the second week, or maybe the third? Or, having in mind that the prize pool for winning will be full, is it probably logical to hold off until the last few days of the month?
Between dusk and dawn, or when the first rays of sunlight are appearing? We will attempt to give you some insight into the different time periods of the year for online casinos and which ones are more likely to be profitable for the player.
It turns out that the time of day is a significant factor as well.
Which is the best season of the year to gamble online?
The whole online industry is based on a seasonal cycle. When it’s cold and snowy outside, people tend to resort to surfing the internet. During the warm months, they incline to make trips or just enjoy themselves out and about. This behavioural pattern also applies to online gambling and makes the casinos turn to a variety of tricks to lure in new players and to keep the regular ones during the ‘dead season’.
The summertime is a hot time to take advantage of the most lavish promotions, bonuses, and benefits in online casinos because they are struggling to get a hold of most clients. As soon as wintertime starts to get closer and closer, the offers become less and less generous.
However, this has little effect on the attendance, as the players are mostly sitting at home and being bored…it’s not necessary to heat up their gambling passion.
During wintertime online casinos, for the most part, cease handing out bonuses and their promotions become mostly non-existent. But they do become very active when the holidays come along.
As a ‘secret strategy’ of all online casinos, a lot of promising promotions are offered during Christmas and New Year. They are well aware that people usually consume lots of alcohol and a lot of gamblers simply lose control.
You can bet that during Christmas time prize pools of all popular online casinos are full of money and slots offer the optimal chances for big wins. So we can conclude that the most profitable periods of the year to play in an online casino are: summer and winter.
Summer offers more generous bonuses to get the positive mathematical expectation of winning and winter is just a jolly time for optimal chances at the online slots.
First days or the last days of the month?
There is no doubt in my mind that the first day of every month is the worst day to gamble at online casinos and slots. Let’s try to analyze that bit-by-bit:
- All calculations between online casinos and affiliates are made from the first day to the last day of the month. This also counts for software developers and payment to payment methods. Each race, tournament, and competition is ended at the end of the month as well.
- It’s worth noting that there is no ‘negative carry-over’ to affiliates. That means, for example, if players won 100000 CAD in a certain month, the next month begins from 0 and this money doesn’t have to be covered in the future.
- Isn’t it sensible to reset the prize pool of online slots in a similar way?
- If you make a sizeable profit on the very first day of the month, it probably means that somebody else just lost a lot on the same day.
- Keep in mind that most affiliates are gamblers themselves and all their earnings are generated by people losing in online slots.
- According to me, the most profitable days for gambling online are the last days of the month. It’s obvious when I examine our statistics that a lot of players are on the same page. Fifty percent of all online gambling action occurs during the last two-three days of the month.
What time of day is best to play online slots?
So, we established which are the two generous seasons, now let’s see if we can determine the most profitable time of day - morning or evening. This depends on two deciding elements.
- The first element is the number of players in the casino of your choice. To realize the significance of that information, we suggest reading the articles: cycles of winning in NetEnt online slots and prize pool of winning in online casinos. In a nutshell, every slot starts off with collecting money and in that phase, the wins will be rare and small. Players will bet more than what they win.
- During the next phase, it will start to spread that bankroll among the players. That’s the ideal time for big rewards and optimal potential in online slots. The duration of the slot cycle in each slot is distinctive and this information is strictly confidential. For obvious reasons, the manufacturer doesn’t disclose it.
Peak attendance at online casino sites is between 20.00 - 02.00 hours. What time is most likely to be profitable? Unfortunately, there is no definitive answer to that question. Everything depends on in which phase of the cycle the slot is: when it gathers money during the evening hours, it will quickly pass this phase and will give winnings.
To establish the stage of the cycle of online slots we recommend testing them in free mode. Please keep in mind, that this recommendation only counts for NetEnt slots because the random number generator works the same way both in demo mode, as well as when you are playing for money.
Where to play?
- Play over 5000 games at Fastpay Casino, the best gambling place in Canada. You will be pleased with the excellent customer care, VIP bonus program for loyal players and super-fast withdrawals (1-5 minutes.)