Caribbean Stud Poker for free
Caribbean Stud Poker, also called casino Stud Poker, is a table game with rules extracted from the 5-card Poker. But unlike regular poker games, Caribbean Stud is played against the house and not against other players, i.e. there is no bluffing or other deception involved.
Playing Poker in casinos is an endeavour against a faceless opponent - the virtual dealer, who you might not expect from but has his shortcomings as well. So, in Caribbean Stud your rival is strong, but he too has to obey the same rules, taking the same steps, achieving the same goals, we all know in advance.
On this page, you can play Caribbean Stud Poker by NetEnt for free without registration. If you spend all your free money, refresh the page, and the balance will be reset to 5 000 CAD. The number of free game sessions is not limited. With this article we will give you some tips to utilize during your game, which combined with your study about the rules can bring the chances of losing to a minimum.
Payouts of Caribbean Stud
The game is popular at online and land-based casinos around the world. The rules are the same everywhere. The only difference is in the paytable, which doesn’t impact the game itself.
- The highest-paid and the rarest at the same time combination is the Royal Flush.
- In most casinos, is paid as 100:1.
- At some online casinos might even be paid as 200:1, or even 999:1.
- At NetEnt casino, for a Royal Flush, you get 200:1, for a straight flush 50:1, for 4OAK, you get a 20:1 payout. Different payouts are given for different winning combinations. (table below)
- To better understand the rules of the game without spending real money, play Caribbean Stud in demo mode at the beginning of this page.
Rules of the game Caribbean Stud
- At the beginning of each game, you place your bets.
- The main wager is called the Ante** - a bet of whether you will have a better hand than the dealer.
- Each player is dealt 5 cards - face down.
- The dealer also gets 5 cards with only 1 card-face up.
- After you look at your hand you need to decide to play or to fold.
- If you choose to play you need to place one more bet - called Raise bet, which is precisely double your ante.
- If you fold- you lose your ante.
- Once all the players have one of two: folded or raised, the dealer discloses his hand and judges if he qualifies.
- The dealer must have at least Ace + King high to qualify.
Variant 1- the dealer doesn’t qualify - All players still in the hand automatically win their Ante bet, and push their Raise to bet back.
Variant 2 - the dealer does qualify - He begins to compare his hand against the hand of each player, realizing who wins.
If the player wins- he gets paid
- A) 1:1 on his Ante bet; plus
- B) On his Raise bet - the player is paid depending on how big a hand he holds.
If the dealer wins - he collects both bets- the Ante + the Raise bet.
On Caribbean Stud you have the possibility to make a bonus bet - called Side bet. Most casinos have a progressive jackpot that pays out when you hit a Royal Flush. The bonus betting makes you eligible for the jackpot and also pays out on premium hands.
The payouts on the side bet and the Raise bet vary depending on the casino rules but they’re usually posted directly on the playing field or on the instruction pages.
The obligatory (forced) amount of chips (equal for all players) given by every player as a contribution to form the pot is named “Ante”. It is collected before the players are permitted to see their cards. It is something like having the motivation to stick to the game instead of folding immediately when you see that you don’t have perfect cards. Except for the Ante - all the other bets that the player will post are voluntary and depend on his game strategy.
- Always play with a pair or higher.
- Always fold when you have a weak hand without A to K.
- These two simple rules will save you a lot of money.
- There are some interesting points for fans to delve into the theory. In some cases, it’s best to continue playing with a hand that consists of a card from A to K. However, it all depends on the open cards of the dealer:
- If the dealer's upper card is weak (less than the face value of your fourth highest card - such as four, but you're holding A-Q-10-9-2) + it does not coincide with any of the player cards + the player has Queen.
- If the dealer's card is from Deuce to Queen and it does not coincide with any of the player's cards.
- If the dealer has Ace or King, and you have Queen or Jack.
- In all these cases you should continue playing because they can win you money in the long run.
Should I wager on the jackpot?
In short: No! The odds of triggering the Big One in this game are super high. Plus, the chances are high that you will lose your bankroll faster because not only do you need to place the ante bet, but you must also place the progressive jackpot bet. In case the luck is on your side, i.e. you hit the jackpot, it will be paid depending on your hand.
For example, if you hold a Royal Flush, you will get 100% of the jackpot. For straight flush, you get 2,500:1, for four of a kind 250:1, for full house 100:1, for flush 25:1, and three of a kind you get a payout of 5:1.
If you want to chase the jackpot, you must have a huge bankroll. Under ‘huge bankroll,’ we mean amount with 3 zeros in it. However, most online casino players don’t have so much money. That is why is best to try to bet on the jackpot while playing Caribbean Stud for free on this page and count your expectation of winning on this basis.
How to win at Caribbean Stud
The return to player percentage (RTP) of the game is 94.97%. The payout percentage is lower than the RTP of Blackjack for example, but this is not a reason to abandon the game. You can learn how to play the game without risking your own money. There is no optimal strategy for this game, and however, if you follow specific rules, you will reduce the house edge to a minimum.
Where to play?
- Play over 5000 games, including Caribbean Stud Poker at Fastpay Casino, the best gambling place in Canada. You will be pleased with the excellent customer care, VIP bonus program for loyal players and super-fast withdrawals (1-5 minutes.)