The basic strategy of blackjack
Blackjack is one of the most popular games in any casino. This game is rightfully gained popularity because of the almost equal chances of winning player and a casino house. The article describes the basic strategy of blackjack. Players using basic strategy games can achieve the reduction of benefits before the institution of players up to 0.5%, and the professionals who use basic strategy in the blackjack, together with the scorecard, can gain an advantage over the casino up to 5% of the average bets. Try to use the basic strategy at the free demo play:
The application of a basic strategy at the blackjack
Below you can find some examples of when it is appropriate to apply the basic strategy of the blackjack:
- Situation: The dealer shows his first card worth two, three, four, five or six. Most likely the dealer loses since according to the rules of blackjack, the dealer should take cards until he has 17 points or more. A probability widow dealer card worth ten points is excellent, as cards denominated in 10 points in the deck most (all pictures and tens).
Player: According to the rules of basic strategy in the blackjack, in a situation where the dealer's cards from two to four, the player, with eleven points or less, should buy the card without the possibility of busting, that is stopping at 12 and above. And if the dealer is showing a card from five to six, the player ten and eleven points should double down (Double).
- Situation: Dealer shows his first card worth seven, eight, nine or ten, it is likely a result he gets seventeen, eighteen, nineteen or twenty points.
Action: Based on the basic strategy of blackjack, in this situation, the player must try to collect the number of points more than the estimated amount of points at the dealer when leaving dozens. For example, if the first card the dealer shows 7, the player must strive to score exactly 17 points or more.
- The third case: Sometimes, despite the dealer shows a map, players do not hit at 12-15, believing that too often get ten. So, they prefer staying at 12 vs 7 or 13 against 8.
Action: The basic strategy of the blackjack, depending on the dealer's cards, we must take another card, even if we think that it is a mistake. The exceptions are when we are counting cards using plus or minus counting system, and have a positive real account. In this case, if there is a chance to release dozens of large, we may refuse a further set of cards.
- Case Four: At some point, the player decides that the creators of the casino are not stupid, and they chose the best rules for casino dealer. After that, he begins to follow the same rules gaining up to 17 cards, and it does not stop even at 16 points.
Actions: The player reduces the chances of winning when the dealer shows the cards from 2 to 6. In the case of 7, 8, 9, 10 and ace - strategy set as many (card dealer + 10) or more points is statistically justified. It is justified as a step of adding the card by 16 points.
The table of decisions:
The usage of the table is not difficult. At first, the player finds some of the scores of their cards (pre-folded them) vertical and dealers up card, horizontally. At the intersection of these values will be instructed to act. For example, a total gamblers score of the two cards is 10, and the dealer gave me three - at the intersection of these values, we need to double down (D).
The table decisions at the blackjack using basic strategy
Help with table values at the basic strategy of blackjack:
Red marks the action to a set of cards, red - stop, blue - double. The other colours in the decrypted values are below.
- H - Add another card to available. Hit
- S - Do not get more cards and leave the current number of points. Stay.
- D - We double the current bet. Double.
- Ds - If the rules allow, you can double. If they do not let, you should stop. Double or Stay.
- P - Separate the identical cards with the continuation set for each of them. Split.
- H / P – you can share the cards if the rules allowed doubling after splitting. Otherwise, take another card. Hit or Split.
- S / P - share the cards if the rules are allowed doubling down after splitting. Otherwise, it is just enough. Stay or Split.
- D / P – you will share the card if you can double after split. Otherwise, double the bet. Split or Double.
- H / R – you should resign for part-time (Surrender), if the regulations permit it, or take another card. Hit or Surrender.
- S / R - for giving up part-time (Surrender), if it is allowed by the rules or it is just enough. Stay or Surrender.
The basic strategy is a conservative variant of the blackjack. Its use can reduce the house edge to 0.5%. Try to use a system of card counting and basic strategy simultaneously.
Where to play?
- You can check out the basic strategy of blackjack in the best casino on our website - Fastpay casino. All versions of table and live blackjack, fair attitude to players and instant payouts (1-5 minutes).