Fairytale Legends: Hansel and Gretel pokie
Personal testers opinion about Fairytale Legends: Hansel and Gretel
If you are a fan on the story about Hansel and Gretel, it will be necessary to try your luck here, with famous characters from the fairy tale. This pokie is the second from the Fairy Tales series. The first was Fairytale Legends: Red Riding Hood pokie. Shortly speaking, it has similar settings of the pokies, the same stretching winning cycle and the same manner of gradual selection of balance with increasing intervals between the large winning. My conclusion is the neutral recommendations for playing for real money.
Review and recommendations from the testing team
This pokie is the second in the FairyTale Legends series. It is not much better than its previous pokie, and just like Red Riding Hood, in my opinion, it is rather mediocre if comparing it with Mirror Mirror, again it is due to the small number of active lines and the payouts you get on them. Just like the other pokies of the series, it has not only a bonus game but also extra features in the normal game mode.
- Unlike its predecessor, it has a big plus in the normal game mode, it will regularly drop the Wild reels, but in most cases, you will not get a big win from them, as it usually gives 1-2, sometimes 3.
- In theory, the feature when the Fairy appears in the centre of the screen and randomly triggers the extra Wild reels (from 1 to 3) gives not a small chance to hit a big win while expecting the other Wild reels and the top symbols. In practice, during our tests, several times we managed to get 4 Wild reels on the sides, but as a rule, it does not give top symbols between them.
- The Fairy that appears from the right triggers the feature of changing the symbols after the reels stop, in this case, she will definitely change the symbols across all 5 reels, that may give you not a small winning, provided that the symbols are on an active line, but still, it will be lower than at Mirror Mirror.
- The chance you get a bonus game is quite low. It is not difficult to select a map to get the bonus you want, and you may easily guess the maps after the second or third bonus. As in other pokies of the series, you may choose the coins, the bonus game or the free spins.
- Unlike the Red Riding Hood pokie where the player has no part in it, here you may choose what you want. The maximum winning is 120x total bets. By the way, during our tests, we managed to guess this value several times. You may want not to risk and choose the average value of 3 choices. Unlike the last of the series, it is more generous and gives 120x bets quite often.
- The free spins here are different. Despite the fact that it is one the few NetEnt pokies, which, like Novomatic and Amatic, may give a large number of re-triggers and more than 100 free spins, the winning you will get from them are quite small, again it is due to the small number of lines and the payouts you get on them. During our tests, the winnings we got from the free spins were up to 150x total bets, in most cases they varied between 20x - 40x total bets, which is extremely small, considering how frequent they drop.
The pokie has average dispersion, but unlike the last of the series, it keeps the balance up better and is, therefore, more suitable for playing the bonus money and fulfilling the wagering requirements, you should know it is still interesting to play these series of pokies. In total, our recommendations are neutral. The recommended reserve of bet balance is 200 bets.
Hidden parameters and settings of the pokie (data from testing)
- The frequency of triggering of the bonus free spins feature is statistically every 52nd spin (1.92%).
- The probability of a hit (any winning) is 34%.
- Distribution of the winnings is 40% in the usual spins and 60% in the bonus.
- The maximum winning during the tests was 176x.
- The average winning from the bonus was 22x.
- Volatility is 6,78 out of 20 (average).
- Cycle length is average.
- The rating of the pokie for the wagering is 4,66 out of 10.
- RTP of 96,7% allows getting a positive mathematical expectation of winning at the casino.
Description of Hansel and Gretel pokie
You will meet the main characters, the game logo and four different coloured candies on 5 reels and 10 always active pay-lines. Pay attention to the expanded possibilities of the pay combinations formation. They can be formed from any reel and in any direction. The main thing is that there are at least 3 symbols in the combination. The bet size is limited to the range of 0.10 – 100 coins. There is no game of the chances in the pokie. But do not forget that you are in a fairy tale. And that means at any moment the fairy will appear on the screen and start one of the prizes Random Features. Also, free spins, re-spins and bonus games are waiting for you.
- Provider – NetEnt
- Number of reels – 5
- Number of pay-lines – 10 (always active)
- One coin value – from 0.01 to 1
- Number of coins per line – 1-10
- Bet size range – from 0.10 to 100
- Maximum prize – x400
- Wild symbol – yes
- Scatter – yes
- Free spins – yes
- Bonus game – yes
- Expected payout percentage (RTP) in the pokie – 96,7%
Bonus and free spins features
One of the following bonus games is launched with three Chests appearance on the screen:
- Free Spins - you are given 10 free spins at the current bet;
- Coin Win - bonus payout equal to x15 stakes;
- Candy House Bonus - you will choose lollipops in the house. In return, the prize is transferred to your account.
At any point of the game, the fairy flies out and activates the Random Features. Your bonus is determined randomly:
- Fairy Wonder Spin - several symbols with the game logo appear on the screen. Further, the combinations are formed in a standard way.
- Fairy Surprise - the fairy defines the symbol and duplicates it in several game cells.
- Fairy Wild Spin - the fairy shows the red bricks road and launches the re-spin. At the same time stacked Wild may fall on the other reels.
How to win at Fairytale Legends: Hansel and Gretel pokie? (conclusion)
It's good to remember a basic rule when you start playing at an Australian online casino: always test the pokies in demo mode before depositing real money. During the tests, we noticed that the pokie is not much sensitive by changing denomination and bets per line (we believe it does not change the cycle). You better remember that the high winning potential is in the free spins feature. That's why the recommended bet balance reserve is around 200 bets, enough to wait for a few triggers of the free spins feature. The pokie has a lot of bonus features that make it a good one for a little bit bigger bets but do not rush to the max bets. We leave absolutely neutral recommendations for bonus hunters to fulfil the wagering requirements.