Lucky Angler pokie
In 2012 NetEnt has pleased the punter with a new five-reel Lucky Angler pokie. It has three rows, 15 pay-lines, the free spins feature, winning in both directions and sticky wild feature. The pokie`s RTP is 96.4%, and the maximum winning per single spin is 205 500 coins. Freezing wild feature promising the high potential of winning, but here volatility is in low level, and it is complicated to win big amount here.
Personal testers opinion about Lucky Angler pokie
This pokie has an average volatility and keeps the balance well. I want to draw your attention to the probability of getting any winning (hit). This indicator is equal to 39.41%. Lucky Angler pokie often gives out the pay combinations, but their amount is not impressive. Usually, they are lower or the same as the initial bet. My maximum winning for one spin was 148x, during the bonus feature average winning 39x my bet. According to the statistic, every 195th spin (0,51%) triggers the bonus feature. Here you can complete wagering requirements (rating is 6.33 from 10). Note that this pokie is not popular among the players and usually the prize pool for the big winning is empty. The punter can try to bet more here to increase the volatility and winning potential, but this is risky as the empty pool can catch him at this moment. There are a lot of better online pokies in Netent's line for real money gambling.
Review and recommendations by the testing team
Lucky Angler is also one of the typical pokies of Netent, with normal gameplay and design, and with some potential for hitting a big win (due to theoretically possible long winning series with a number of the frozen wild symbol). Note that this pokie is played with "win both ways" model.
- In the main game, there is a feature of the sticky wild symbol, and they "freeze" as long as this symbol is forming a winning combination.
- Although combinations of three and four symbols give a low winning, the pokie keeps the balance good. Combinations of top symbols are quite highly priced (100x - 150x of total bets). Considering that they can be in the winning combination several times during several re-spins, it is quite possible to get winnings of 200x - 300x total bets, for one spin (with re-spins). Not every pokie of this provider can boast about such winnings.
- The pokie triggers the free spins feature quite rarely, on average once in 200-300 spins, which is above under-line of all Netent pokies
- Free spins feature are no different from the spins in the main game, except for the fixed Wild symbol on the third reel. The average winning with them is 30x - 50x of total bets and successful bonuses can bring 100x - 200x.
I can recommend this pokie for games with bonus money (for completing the wagering requirements) but must have a good bet balance (at least 250) to wait for the bonus features.
The Netent declares the following probabilities
- The total percentage of the return (RTP) in the pokie is 96.4%. Of these: 70.1% in the usual spins and 26.3% in free spins mode.
- The probability of getting any winning: in the usual spins is 41.6% and 91.8% in the bonus free spins feature.
- The probability of getting 3+ scatters and to trigger the free spins feature is 0.62%.
- The maximum winning (per pay line) in the primary and bonus games is 40,000. The total maximum possible winning is 205,500 coins.
Hidden parameters and settings of Lucky Angler pokie (data from testing)
- The frequency of triggering the bonus is statistically every 195th spins (0,51%). This is an average number.
- The probability of a hit (any winning) is 39,41%. This number is higher than the middle line, so a punter should prepare for winnings that are lower his initial bet.
- Distribution of the winnings is 83% in the main game and 17% in the bonus feature.
- The maximum payout during the tests was 148x. This is an extremely low number. Lucky Angler pokie has a low potential of winning.
- The average winning from the bonus was 39x. Do not expect a massive winning in this feature. Despite the freezing wilds, the outcome is usually around 20x - 40x.
- Volatility is 5,08 out of 20 (average). It is complicated to win something huge here. This pokie can be used for fun or bonus wagering.
- Cycle length is short to average. It is hard to understand the cycle point, as Lucky Angler is not using waves of winnings and losings. Usually, it takes money and gives back very fast.
- The rating of the pokie for the wagering is 6,33 out of 10. The low potential of winning and runnings around starting balance numbers are very good for wagering rating. Be sure to use micro stakes.
- RTP of 96.4% allows getting a positive mathematical expectation of winning at the casino.
Description of the pokie
The word "fishing" is often associated with warm weather, river, and picnic on the green meadow. But those who know the charm of the winter fishing will put some warm clothes on, take the fishing rods and go to the whole right in the middle of the river. NetEnt developed Lucky Angler to draw the attention of the winter fishing lovers. The pokie is quite unusual, and at the same time exciting, by launching it, you will for sure get your winnings and go back home with a big catch. Patiently wait for the game to start to find yourself on the river covered with a thick layer of ice.
Free spins feature
- Three and more scatters dropped on the playing field, launch the free spins feature. You get the bonus games depending on the number of scatter symbols: 5 - 20 free games, 4 - 15, 3 - 10.
- Free spins are played at the same coin value as the round which activates them.
- During free spins, Wild symbol dropped on the playing field is frozen till the end of free games (the reels spin and the symbols are substituted anywhere, except this position).
- Note that during free spins Sticky Wild drops automatically on the reel 3 (row 2 (middle)) and is frozen till the end of free spins.
- Theoretically, all the fields (reels 2,3 and 4) may have Wild symbols. So, you still have a chance to get your huge winning.
- Wild substitutes - any symbols, except Scatter.
- Wild drops - only on reels 2 and 4 (from left to right) during the usual spins.
- During free spins, Wild launches are on reel 3 as well. Sticky Wild automatically drops on reel 3, row 2, and is frozen till the end of free spins. When the bet or coin value are changed while the Wild is already on the reel(s), it will not be cumulative in the next spin.
How to win at Lucky Angler pokie? (conclusion)
We cannot say much, talking about winning on this pokie. And if you still decided to play with real money, it would be wise to try it in demo mode before depositing. The pokie is low in dispersion, and if you want to have bigger profits, you have to raise the bet, which is a little risky, because it is not very liked by the players and very often has an empty prize pool. However, the pokie can be recommended for bonus hunters, because winning combinations are common (but not high) and keep the balance. We recommend you have about 250 bets on your balance. We suggest you use small bets.