- Written by Vladislav Dibrov
Secrets of Christmas pokie
Personal testers opinion about Secrets of Christmas pokie
This is a full clone of Secret of the Stones pokie. Here you will find long unlucky cycles with 2 scatters. If you see a lot of situations with 2 scatters on the first two reels without triggering the feature - it is a good reason to leave it. The pokie is generous enough on the pay combinations of symbols in the usual spins. The probability of the hit is 39.04%. And my maximum winning during the tests was 476x. In the free spins feature, 41% of the pool is given out. In this case, there are free spins, statistically in every 133rd spin (0,75%). In the rating of the pokies for wagering - 2,64 out of 10, not enough points to recommend it.
Review and recommendations by the testing team
This pokie is a clone of Secret of the Stones with almost identical gameplay. A lot of testers claim that they are almost complete copies, with a similar style of this the game process, triggering and dispersion. I do not agree with them. Because this pokie keeps your balance better, it gives combination more often, unlike its clone, despite the identical gameplay. In my opinion, the bonus feature is simpler at once by several factors here:
- A bonus selection is divided into 3 stages. In this case, it will be easier for you to choose the desired feature from a smaller number of choices.
- During my testing, I have repeatedly noticed that it often puts this wild reel in the same place. If you remember where it was in the previous bonus, then you should also choose the same location. Also, some punters use a strategy of choosing the same location. Thanks to this strategy, you will get the desired result at a distance, as the pokie will put this wild reel in any case. During my testing, I also tested this feature.
- In my opinion, this pokie more often gives out bonus features than Secret of the Stones machine. As a rule, it makes by giving several bonuses in a row; then there is a pause and then again several bonus features in a row. The average pause between the features is from 5x to 30x total bets, an average break between the series is about 100x. The average winning with an average set of the features (not the top bonus) is 30x - 80x total bets.
Netent declares the following probabilities
- The total percentage of payouts in the pokie is 96.72%. Of these, 56.87% are played during the usual spins, and 39.85 are reserved for the bonus feature payments.
- The probability of getting any winning (hit) in the usual spins is 38.87%. The bonus, free spins feature it varies from 46.3% to 92.7% depending on the selected features.
- The probability of getting three scatter symbols and launching the bonus is 0.78% (1/129).
Hidden parameters and settings of Secrets of Christmas pokie (data from testing)
- The frequency of triggering the bonus feature is statistically every 133rd spin (0.75%).
- The probability of a hit (any winning) is 39,04%.
- The distribution of the winnings is 59% in the usual spins and 41% in the bonus.
- The maximum winning during the tests was 476x.
- The average winning from the bonus was 51x.
- Volatility is 9.42 out of 20 (from average to high).
- Cycle length is from average to long.
- The rating for the wagering is 2,46 out of 10.
- RTP of 96.72% allows getting a positive mathematical expectation of winning at the casino.
- Provider – the NetEnt company
- Number of reels – 5
- Number of pay lines – 25 (always active)
- One coin value – from 0.01 to 0.50
- Number of coins per line – from 1 to 10
- Bet size range – from 0.25 to 125
- Maximum winning in the bonus – 350 000 coins
- The largest award for the combination of symbols – x1250 (5 symbols of New Year's Handbell)
- Wild symbol – yes (Santa Claus)
- Scatter – yes (New Year gifts)
- Bonus spins – yes (3-5 Scatters give 10 free spins with the additional bonus features which will be defined by the bonus game)
- Bonus game – yes (it is launched before free spins)
- Expected payout percentage (RTP) in Secrets of Christmas – 96,72%
The free spins feature
Initially, you are supposed to receive 10 free spins. But what is Christmas night without surprises? You will return to your childhood, into the room with the toys, and selecting a few of them, get bonuses: additional prize spins, multipliers, and one or perhaps more Wild symbols. How many toys can be chosen will determine the number of dropped scatter symbols: three scatters – 3 gifts; four scatters – 4 gifts; five scatters – 5 gifts.
How to win money at Secrets of Christmas pokie? (conclusion)
As you expect, this paragraph will begin in the usual way: always test the pokies in demo mode before depositing real money. Many people think that if two scatters appear often on the screen, but not the third, the bonus is about to come ... Yes, but not, we think. If you notice this situation often here, we recommend you change the pokie. We also noticed that Wild Reels was often hiding under the same objects. So, if you find it, it is reasonable to try the same object in the next bonus. Many punters use tactics to select always the same items, and we had good results using this tactic. The pokie activates free spins in a series, and if you've triggered them, don't hurry to change the machine, there is a chance to repeat the free spins feature in the next 10 - 30 spins. We do not recommend this pokie for trying to complete the bonus requirements.
Where to play?
- The best Australian online casino to play Secrets of Christmas pokie is Fastpay, а 100% trusted operator. Moreover, they will send the money super-fast (1-5 minutes), no-hassle withdrawals and will provide excellent customer service.