- Written by Vladislav Dibrov
Return to the player percentage (RTP) is 96.1% and the maximum payout per single spin can be up to 50,000 coins. At the top of this page, you can play the demo version for free without registration.
Personal testers opinion about Starburst pokie
Starburst has a short cycle and a low dispersion of winning. Note, that this machine is showing "win both ways" gameplay. It is still very popular in online casinos and creates a massive prize pool for winnings. The game keeps the balance and not the worst choice for wagering (5.97 from 10). The probability of any hit during the next spin reaches 22.46%. If you`re lucky enough to catch three wild symbols, you will get two big winnings (triggering spin and respin with wilds). It seemed to me that, the best total amount to bet is €10 per spin — not the best idea to high roll here (especially in small casinos). During the real money testing my biggest winning was 438x. Try to do 30-50 test spins at low stake to determine the mood of the machine before launching the game for real money. The potential of winning is low here, but in Starburst you can play via bigger stakes (like 1/50 of your balance) and look at the behaviour of the pokie during the first 30-50 spins.
Review and recommendations from the testing team
This pokie is a classic, because it’s old, both regarding graphics and gameplay (total missing of bonus games and free spins), with extremely low chances for a big win.
- It has low volatility and is not too bad at keeping the balance because it doesn’t let it drop a lot.
- Increasing the balance on this pokie is quite difficult. Despite the regular appearance of wild symbols, it often puts different symbols with them, which prevents them from getting a big win. The chances to catch 3 wild symbols are not high.
Considering all this, it can be said the pokie is neither suitable for games whose aim is to have fun or for games with real money. But it is rather designed for games with bonus money to fulfil the wagering requirement.
Netent declares the following probabilities
- The percentage of the return of the made bets in the pokie is 96.1%. It consists of winnings during the usual spins (68.7%) and during re-spins with wild symbols (stars) is 27.4%.
- Probably of getting any winning - 22.7%.
- The probability of getting Wild symbol is 8.4%. This number is showing the probability of getting any first wild symbol. We do not have data for 2 or 2 wilds at the same time.
- The maximum winning is 50,000 coins.
The hidden parameters and settings of Starburst pokie (data from testing)
- The probability of a hit (any winning) is 22,46%.
- The distribution of the winnings is 100% in the main game. Starburst doesn't have any bonus feature except respin with any wild symbol (expanding).
- The maximum payout during the tests was 438x. This is the astronomical number for the pokie with 4.24 volatility. As you see, it has a massive potential of big winning, but only with 2-3 wilds and Bars or Sevens.
- The average winning from the re-spin feature was 7x. Wild respins easily can be loosing or 2x-7x winnings.
- Volatility is 4,24 out of 20 (low). Usually, the winnings and losing are running around a player's starting balance point.
- Cycle length is short. On the other hand, the winnings are coming with "waves".
- The rating for the wagering is 5,97 out of 10. Punters can try to complete bonus wagering requirements here.
- RTP of 96.1% allows getting a positive mathematical expectation of winning at the casino.
Starburst pokie is made in retro style. There are classic symbols of BAR and 777 which were used in Vegas in the 80s. I think by creating this pokie, the developers did not expect it to grow so wildly popular. Beautiful, well-drawn characters and fast gameplay make the game pleasant and not tiring. Win both ways and wild symbols covering the entire reel vertically with free re-spin, making the game fun. Sound effects as always are at the top.
The gameplay is exciting and straightforward. There are no additional bonus and free spins features.
- A feature of Starburst pokie is wild symbols. They can only appear on the second, third and fourth reels. With one or more wild symbols, it replaces the entire vertical reel. After that re-spin comes (for free) with a fixed reel on which are wild symbols.
- If during free re-spin another wild symbol drop, both of the reels are fixed and will come to another re-spin with 2 wild reels. The maximum number of possible re-spins is three and the reels 2, 3 and 4 will be wilds.
- It is worth noting that the most significant winning will be paid if you are lucky enough to catch two or three wild symbols in one spin. The maximum payout per single spin is limited to 50,000 coins.
How to win at Starburst pokie? (conclusion)
There is a golden rule we recommend to each player - test the pokies in demo mode before you decide to deposit. In this way, you will be able to understand the "mood" of the machine. If you don't have the patience to wait and you want to play, you can try the tactic of testing the machine on small bets. At least your first 30 - 50 spins are on a low bet and then decide whether to continue or not. We believe this online game is good for a bet of € 10, but we generally do not think it's one of the best to make high-rolling. Unlike many others, this pokie does not require a big balance - about 50 bets. The game is potentially good for the bonus hunters because it keeps the balance well.
Where to play?
- The best Australian online casino to play Starburst pokie is Fastpay, а 100% trusted operator. Moreover, they will send the money super-fast (1-5 minutes), no-hassle withdrawals and will provide excellent customer service.