Novomatic released Katana pokie in 2012. It comes with a lot of features; the most important - quite nice graphics (but still looks terrible to the fan). In general, it is an excellent machine, which is fun to play. It combines classic and old times but still looks older because it takes players back to the times and life of the samurais. Incidentally, in the land-based casinos, this game is called (though not always) the Shogun (Shogun) and quite markedly different from its online version. For example, the bonus game as many as 15 free spins start instead of 10, (which increases the dispersion).
Personal testers opinion
Out of the total prize pool, for which 95.02% of all bets are reserved, 62% will go to the rewards in usual spins. The probability of getting a hit reaches up to 26.53% in them. During testing, free spins are triggered out with a frequency of 0.44% (Statistically, every 226th spin). The maximum payout reached up to 796x total bet. Not a good machine for bonus hunters, because you will not manage to fulfil the wagering requirements - 3,68 out of 10.
Hidden parameters and settings of Katana pokie (data from the testing team)
- The frequency of triggering the bonus is statistically, every 226th spin (0,44%).
- The probability of a hit (any winning) is 26,53%.
- Distribution of the winnings is 62% in the main game and 38% in the bonus feature.
- The maximum payout during the tests was 796x.
- The average winning from the bonus was 85x.
- Volatility is 9,3 out of 20 (from average to high).
- Cycle length is from average to long.
- The rating of the pokie for the wagering is 3.68 out of 10.
- Winning percentage (RTP) of 95.02% does not allow you to get a positive mathematical expectation.
- Number of reels - 5
- Number of pay-lines - 20
- Bet on the line - from 0,02 to 5
- The range of the size of bets - from 0,40 to 100
- Maximum winning for a combination of symbols – x20 000 (at a game at the highest bet from 5 Scatters)
- Wild symbol - yes (Shogun)
- Scatter - yes (Katana triggers free spins)
- Free spins - yes (10 free spins with a special wild symbol)
- The expected payout percentage (RTP) in the pokie is 95,02%
Three scatters triggers 10 free spins. And Wild (image Shogun) in the bonus round is extended to the entire length of the reel, forming a lovely combination. The principle here is the same as, for example, in Beech of-Ra - three vertical symbols are replaced by one large, which shows the Shogun in full growth. So, to hit a big win in the Katana pokie, you have to trigger bonus (which, incidentally, is not so easy). However, if you catch five Shoguns in line, you win up to 50,000 coins! And that, you know, is a lot of money (especially if you play at a maximum rate of 100 Coin). It takes a lot of time and money. But if the machine does decide to give a prize - do not be surprised at its size.