Rules of Blackjack
Blackjack - this is one of the most accessible and well-known card games. It is played in both land-based and online casinos around the world. The popularity it has is received for its simple and clear rules for the player, a high number of opportunities to use a variety of tactics and strategies that can increase the chances of winning, but winning is not always guaranteed. If you have little experience, theoretical knowledge and luck, then blackjack - this is the game where you can get a mathematical advantage over the casino. This article focuses on the rules of the game of blackjack and basic strategies of winning it.
Basic rules of Blackjack
We are playing against the casino dealer and not against a live opponent. The dealer's actions are strictly regulated. He is obliged to take another card if he has 16 or fewer points and stop at any number of points over 17 (inclusive).
Usually, the game is played with six decks. The basis of this rule is the complexity of card counting and increasing dispersion of the next card with the already played one. Statistically, the most profitable option to play the game with a single deck of cards, the maximum number of boxes. Some providers offers 4 different games to play with a single deck, with surrender on three boxes, six-packs and four decks (standard).
The main rule of the game of blackjack is a set of cards totalling as close to 21. The perfect number is 21, but if you get at least one point more - you lose (bust). The number of your points must be higher than the dealer, the dealer must either "bust" (to score more than 21 points). If your points are equal, then it's a draw (stay), you did not win and not lose, even. The combination any ten (10, J, Q, K) with an ace is called Blackjack and is the highest in the game.
Each card has its dignity. Cards from two to ten coincide with their nominal value. For example, to deuce - two points, three - three points and so on. 10, J, Q, K - estimated at 10 points. Ace value is that its capacity can be equal to 1, and 11 points, depending on the game situation. For example, if you are dealt 4 aces, the player has four or fourteen points. If it comes seven, then it will stop further recruitment will mean 21 points. However, if he gets eight, the dealer will announce the 12 points, but not too many and offer to play again.
Number of players
The number of players must not exceed the number of play boxes on the table blackjack. Most often, the table has seven boxes. There are also site beds which can be placed on the line of the boxes. But the decision will be taken by the player with the main bet.
Number of bets
In most cases, the rules of the casino are forbidden to play on one box, so the player is invited to play the game at least two boxes.
Betting on bonuses
The game begins with a mandatory minimum bet. According to the rules of blackjack, the player has the opportunity to bet on bonuses. At this bet, called Jack side bet and is placed to the left and slightly above the main (central) box. If you get the first two cards at any of the three boxes:
- Two same Jacks - Win 100 bets on the bonus.
- Any two jacks - 25 bets on the winning bonus.
- The first card is a jack - winning 10 bets on the bonus.
- The dealer must take new cards until 17 points or more. If the sum of the dealer will be more than 21, all remaining boxes win. If a player has more than 21 points, the box out of the game, losing your bet before the dealer's up card.
- The player is available as follows: draw a card, make a double and stay (see photo at right). If the dealer and the player have announced a stop and the number of points a player has less than the dealer's, the player loses.
- In case of a tie, the player's bet wins. Declared the situation Push (a draw), and payments do not occur, the bet cannot be removed. If you win the player, his bet pays 1 to 1. For example, at a stake of 100 euros gain is also 100 euros.
- If the player has blackjack, he gets 21 points from the first two cards, the payout is 150% of the bet. For example, if a player is 100 euros, he returned to 100 euros and 150 stakes-winning money. If the dealer has a blackjack, the player loses all the boxes.
- Exceptions are insured boxes (see below about insurance) and those boxes, which also have blackjack. They are even.
The player can not only keep a set of cards in his boxes but also to take advantage of additional features. Such as split, double, triple, surrender and insurance. Let us consider each of them.
- Bet Split (Split) - only when the player gets the same cards - for example, 7-7 or 10-10. In this case, it is possible to split the cards into two parts, so making an additional bet Split which is equivalent to the previous one. After that, the process is the same as the standard play mode. If you split Aces, a combination of split "Blackjack" does not exist
- Double (Double) - the player can double his bet after the deal first two cards. This is usually done when the sum of 9, 10 or 11. Next, the dealer deals one more card game, and the resulting sum is the final. More cards on this box cannot be taken. Double can only be set on the first deal.
- Surrender - refusal to continue the game at half price bets. If for some reason the player does not want to continue the game and take a card, he can surrender and take half of the bet. Surrender cannot be done if the dealer has opened itself ace or any card worth 10 points.
If the dealer's first card is an ace, the player can make an insurance bet on blackjack dealer. Ensure worth half the stake, and if the dealer opens blackjack, returns the sum of bets and insurance. You pay 2 to 1 if the dealer picks up 21 points from the first two cards (blackjack) in all other cases of insurance burns.
Strategy blackjack and mistakes of the beginners
There are many strategies to help make the right choices in the game of blackjack. Most often they are to count cards.
- Read about the "basic strategy."
- Learn more about how to count cards and system and plus or minus system
- Do not be afraid to take another card while you're holding a score higher than 12. For example, if you are in the hands of 12-16 points, it is often necessary to take another card. This is the right choice while you're playing with a single deck.
- Split cards worth ten points. Beginners often split the pictures, even if not using any of the methods of counting cards. Most often, this action does not carry winnings for the player. It is worth remembering that 20 points - this is a powerful combination, with which you will often win. The same applies to the smallest cards. If you hold 44, 55, 66, - frequently necessary to make double or take a few more cards. It all depends on the current account and the dealer's open card.