- Written by Kamen Valev
How to win at the Novomatic pokies
How much can you win at the Novomatic pokies? A lot. In the Book of Ra is one of the most famous pokies in the world, you can earn up to €500,000 for a single spin! Perhaps, this amount is more than drawn to the treasure. Believe us to get it will be tough. On our website you have the opportunity to play the licensed versions of the Novomatic pokies without registration and restrictions:
The features of the Novomatic pokies
The first thing to develop a strategy for the pokies of the specific developer you need to understand their characteristics. And this is an easy task. At first, the pokies of the Austrian company are quite a few (not hundreds), and the most popular of these have the same functions:
- The high variance. The most important thing - the Novomatic pokies have above-average volatility. This means that the winnings fall less often, but they are large, and the maximum payout is high. Such pokies need to be very careful, patient and intelligently allocate your gaming budget (of course, if you are wanted to win and not just drain all the money). The proper use of the bankroll will allow you to win at the Novomatic pokies a significant amount.
- Simplicity. Most of the Novomatic pokies are out of date and often hopeless. The company is constantly releasing new and new versions of classic pokies (primarily for the land-based casino), but in the world of virtual gambling need completely new ideas, not improvements of old. Also, these pokies have no differences in gameplay. Most often, the bonuses represent the free spins with the re-trigger. It will not surprise anyone, but on the other hand, this is to some extent facilitates the task.
- The expanding wilds. One of the key features is the expanding wilds. These wild symbols cover the whole reel when they are appearing. Most often they appear only in bonus rounds which further enhance their value. Strictly speaking, this feature was introduced in the later versions of the Novomatic pokies.
- The uniformity. Many Novomatic pokies are the clones of each other. The gameplay is the same, only the theme and the visual component is different — for example, the book of RA and The Lord of the ocean.
- Few lines. In the old pokies on average about 15 lines, but if you take the whole range of the Novomatic pokies you get an average of about 20 lines. What does it mean? The winnings are falling less. The more play lines, then the higher probability to win (of any size). On the other hand, the Austrian reels pokies also have fewer symbols. Anyway, all of this points in the direction of the high variance, as we have already mentioned above.
The strategy game at the Novomatic pokies
There are two main versions: classic Book of Ra and Book of Ra Deluxe. In principle, they differ only in the graphics and lines – in the first case 9 and the second - 10. There is the wild symbol (a man) and the scatter (owner) in The Book of Ra. Three books trigger the bonus with 10 free spins. And that bonus game is of the utmost importance because in this round activates the expanding wild symbol (it is selected randomly before the beginning of the bonus). At loss of the symbol, it covers the whole reel to form the paying combinations. And when you land five on the reels (all reels), you win a huge jackpot of 5000 bets!
Perhaps, the Novomatic pokies of this type are the most interesting. There are popular pokies from the company without expanding wilds. For example, Dolphins Pearl Deluxe, but in our opinion, it is less attractive from the playing point of view. How to use this information? What you need to pay attention, if you want to win a large sum at the Novomatic pokies:
The size of the bet
The second, the most important parameter is the bankroll (the amount of game budget). You spend it only on the game, not to buy food and pay the bills. The Novomatic pokies have high variance; therefore, your bankroll will need a very large (regardless of some games – there will be the book of RA or not). Aim for about 2,000-3,000 bets. Ideally, the more - the better. Most importantly don’t need to go on the rampage with a couple of hundred dollars. It's not a good result that more of you are angry and infuriated.
- What level do I need to reach to complete the game? (Compared to initial Deposit).
- What negative results I will complete the game? Of course, the second question is important, because you'll most often lose. It is important to understand that losing is normal. The pokie will not allow you to win constantly, and especially in Novomatic games.
You can define the following goals for yourself
- The profit 30%+ of the deposit (for example, €100 deposit is €300) in this case, you end the session.
- The negative profit is above 30% of the deposit (€300 became €200) you end the game.
- Again, these values are taken from the “ceiling”. Each player will have his situation. All depends on the size of your bankroll and not from the separate deposit. Ideally, you shouldn’t risk more than 5% of your bankroll in a single session. Otherwise, you will quickly lose all the money. But the ideal situation is often greatly at odds with reality.
- Make your plan. And remember that to put a hard stop loss is much more important (though not much).
The player always plays only with a bonus in an ideal situation. So, there is every chance to play much longer. The problem is that the bonuses quickly come to an end, this is their main drawback. When you play pokies with the high variance, the support bonus (or at least, welcome) is required. You need to make hundreds and thousands of spins, so why not at the same time to clear the bonus? Unfortunately, no matter how profitable a bonus may be, it will still be enough for hanging your mathematical expectation in the plus zone: a return to the Book of Ra is just 94.26%. More about this is below.
The orientation for a big win
It is also important to determine the aims of each session. How much you want to win from the current deposit? How much can you deposit (in total) today? Very important to create "stop-loss" and "stop-win" limits, same as strictly follow them. Otherwise, you're in the risk zone to be "always looser".
- Win not less than 20% of the Deposit (local);
- To catch the "jackpot" x3000+ in The Book of RA (global).
- Can you see the difference? If you sit in front of the monitor every time and see the five "men" (x5000 in The Book of Ra), neither of which reaching the goal is possible and not to dream. The global objective will be achieved sooner or later, but it consists of local tasks, which keep the player afloat.
To win at the Novomatic pokie without a proper understanding of their work is physically impossible. If you are used to playing at the Starburst or many other NetEnt pokies, who often give the winnings – in this case, expect the problems. Your mind cannot cope with the long periods of constant discharges, which guaranteed for the most part. You will quickly lose your money without the bonus games at The Book of RA. You need to have steel nerves and the experience of the previous monetary losses and winnings. You can even merge the several deposits in a row, but if you play in a licensed casino with the original Novomatic, they will return a portion of this amount, the entire amount or merged over this value after some time. Patience!
Perhaps, we can stop. The pokies are much sharpened on the bonus rounds that they earned almost all the money. So don’t expect the gold mountains in a regular game. You need to wait for the bonuses. This is a consequence of the high variance which is amplified only in the pokies like The Book of Ra, where all depends on the bonus symbol, randomly selected before the start of the bonus program. It is expensive, and (for example, Man) the potential winning will be bigger.
By the way, the arsenal of Novomatic have many different pokies with dispersion, some of these are Katana, Dolphin's Pearl, Lord of The Ocean, Lucky Ladies Charm, Fairy Queen, Alchemist, Magic Princess, Golden Ark, etc. Almost all the old pokie games from the developer with the high variance or with the simple dispersion. Without a large bankroll (around a few thousand dollars) makes no sense even to try to curb all of these legendary games. Yes, there is always the possibility to become a multimillionaire from the first spin, but this probability is so small that it cannot simply be considered.
Where to play?
- Fastpay casino pays money to payment systems and bank cards within a few minutes (up to 5). They have a rich choice of casino games (over 5000) and one of the best customer care in the online gambling industry. You can start playing Novomatic pokies for free or real money.