Volatility in pokies
As you know, the pokies accumulate player's bets and distribute them in winning. How much money the pokie will return to punters, depends on settings of RTP. This value is usually from 95 to 99%. This value is achieved only at a long distance (millions of spins).
The volatility has huge importance for the bet and the balance on your account while playing. If in pokies with a low-dispersion we can put 1/50 - 1/100 of our balance, then in high-dispersion pokies it will be desirable to show more caution and put already 1/500 from the balance. In other words, as higher the dispersion value, as long the row of losing spins, and the winning will be much larger but rarely.
Dispersion and cycles in online pokies
How to understand what volatility online pokie has? You can look at the coefficient of the maximum winning. Those with maximum pay-out of coins 10,000x+ usually have high volatility. If maximum winning is from 2000x up to 5000x - middle volatility, and if maximum winning is 1000x - low volatility. Often it is so, but there are exceptions.
Dependencies of values in the pokie
Our testers established data stated in the table by testing pokies. At the beginning of the cycle, the pokie "collects" money in the prize pool and when it is full "fires" with the big win.
At the end of the cycle, the pokie starts to give winning, the size and frequency of which depend on, its dispersion. We believe that it's in this phase of the cycle, the punter has increased the opportunity to hit a big win. To identify the phase of the cycle is possible, only in practice - in the free game. You can learn more about choosing a pokie for winning.
What is the volatility of pokies?
The volatility (dispersion) reveal how risky a pokie is. In general, the volatility of a pokie depends on how much risk is to lose all money in a series of empty spins. High volatility means the pokie is pretty risky to play, while the low variance shows that risk will be lower.
On our website, you can find all the hidden data of all pokies by different developers. Please visit one of the following pages, depending on the developer of pokies:
- Netent (Net Entertainment) pokies
- Play'n Go
- Nyx (Nextgen)
- Novomatic (Novoline)
When to play at low volatility pokies?
Pokies with low volatility are primarily reserved for entertainment. They often pay you small winning and are usually full of stars and unusual features. But what they won’t give you 400x+ winning.
When to choose?
- You want to have fun;
- You don’t have a large supply of money (bankroll);
- You want to play for as long as possible;
- You want to play from time to time and not leave with empty pockets;
- We need a selection of different bonuses and impressive in-game features. Entertain me the pokie!
- Of course, not all pokies with low volatility always pay small winning. Some pokies can multiply your bet by 80-100 times.
- Low volatility pokies - low risk because your budget will allow you to play the game for a long time.
- For beginners and for those who are just looking for fun - I recommend pokies with low volatility.
When to choose pokies with high volatility?
When to choose?
- You have a bunch of extra money;
- You choose: either a big win of 500x + or nothing;
- You can quickly stop playing after you have lost your planned budget;
- You don't mind that nothing happens. Are you ready to wait long and to spend a lot of money on triggering of the bonus feature, keeping in mind that when it comes, you will be the happiest man in the world?
- There is no doubt that when playing at pokies with high volatility you leave the table either with an empty pocket or with big winning.
- The only possible strategy is to keep the betting rates from 150 up to 500 while you play high volatility pokies. If you play at Wish Master, for example, with a balance of €500, your stake per spin should be between €1 and €1.5.
Where to play?
- Choose Fastpay casino is you want professional customar care and fast withdraws (up to 5 minutes).