Thank you for rating this article.
About online slots and beyond
- Slot Introduction (mechanical). What is a slot? We pull the handle, and reels start spinning and eventually stop; if they compose a winning combination - win! Hooray! But this is not simple. Big wins don't often happen since there are a different number of unique symbols on different reels.
- Random numbers. Take three dice with standard numbers printed on them and roll them. If you get 1, 3 and 5, then that's a perfect example of a random loss.
- Electronic slots. Unlike mechanical, electronic slots have a lot of combinations and can pay huge wins. This got creators thinking, what if a player suddenly wins a multimillion jackpot? The institution won't be able to pay that amount of money! And that's how slot banks were created!
- Slots banks and RNG (random number generator) for slots, except for networks. When you click on "spin" the slot generates a combination using the RNG. The RNG answers - 1 million! However, the game checks your bank, and then you are given 1,000 Euro instead :) The slot says to the RNG: "I cannot give a million, give another suggestion!" And so, in the end, the possible winning amount is set to "less than" or "equal" of 1,000 Euro!
- Play over 5000 casino games in the best place on our site - Fastpay, 100% honest gambling site.
- Where is the randomness of slots if the outcomes depend on the Bank? If there is no money in the bank, the slot will give you nothing! Didn't you know this? Well, I'm telling you now. Random - it is, but with the condition "if the slot is allowed to give money." Meaning, it is not random, of course, but it's perfectly legal because it would be impossible to function differently. The idea is that the slot should generate symbols on each reel and pay amounts. But that's not how slots work. True randomness was illustrated above with the dice example. :)
- Bank of land-based slots. Such slots work with banks only. A person came, put a little amount of cash into the slot and left. A second player came, played for a while and left. A third individual came and took away the whole pot. This happens over and over again. The return of such slots abroad is not bad, but here it's pretty weak since craftsmen decided to tighten them up. Bank of old electronic slots at "scripted" casinos. These slots, just like land-based ones, check with the bank to see whether to give a payment combination or not. If the bank approves, then the slot will become immediately generous within a couple of spins. Also, these machines could give a lot and sometimes they even paid the whole pot. Therefore, because this thing wasn't convenient for anyone, for stupid "students" to clean all their establishments' banks, a person was assigned the task to edit the banks. Afterwards, clever "students," wrote a script that does the same task automatically after a certain period passes. This means that the bank on slots and roulette resets. To win, by the way, it was still possible, but only if other players have filled in the slot with a lot of money; this gave players a chance to snatch lots of cash at once, while the banks avoided being wholly cleared. These slots don't care about the players; who was the first to play and who was the one to win it's all the same to them! However, they do pay out winnings every hour!
Network slots, on which we all play
- Modern slots are plugged differently. Here the slots have a standard bank! For example, the motto of the common bank of NetEnt slots and casinos is: "Equal chances for all players." Find out the answer to one of the most important questions to players: How do these slots work? I will try to provide an example! When you first open the slot, your session begins. You immediately create a temporary bank for this session, which lasts from a few hours to a few days, or until the situation on the slot is drastically changed. You make your first spin and rates start to accumulate in the time bank. I invested a thousand dollars and after some time returned the thousand. Have you ever noticed that? Have you ever wondered why slots return what they've collected? How they do it? Well, with the help of the temporary bank and the recorded entries during sessions. Why a slot sometimes rewards you on the first spin? And sometimes it doesn't? It's simple. You make the first spin of your temporary bank, and the slot immediately draws the amount from the main network of the bank and gives it to you; or, it never gives you anything at all. The amount depends on the balance of the slot at the time as well as on other parameters.
- Of course, there is no randomness on slots. However, there's a big plus here as well - you might get lucky, and you grab a good win from the network! How are the amounts issued? Well, the generator produces the sum of 248 USD, and then the slot gives out the symbols that present that sum. The symbols don't affect anything! They're just drawn to reflect already selected and known amounts. Therefore, yelling at the spinning reels makes no sense, except for fun. When you hit the "spin" button, the result is known immediately before you see the symbols on the screen. I once had a "glitch" on slot: I pressed the spin button and triggered a second screen bonus game, which I immediately launched. And as the bonus reel is spinning there's a song playing "...in the dead of night," and in the background, I can hear two scatters being hit and just trying to get a third! Of course, a twist happens! Of course, a scatter symbol is the hit :) From the other side, known for giving out bonuses at well-known casinos, I noticed that the third scatter still hasn't arrived, but the balance has been updated nonetheless :)
- Let's move on. The moment you hit the "spin" button, the situation starts changing on the slot and in the general bank, meaning you can win a substantial sum. The winnings can be hit after one spin or after several spins just like it may not be hit at all even if you spend your entire bankroll. Know more about slots modes from this article.
Where to play?
- Fastpay casino has a rich choice of games, over 5000 games in their portfolio, the top gambling place on our site. Moreover, they will send the money super-fast (1-5 minutes).