Baccarat may not be so popular among casino players, but it is the go-to game in land-based casinos in Asia. In particular, in Macau, baccarat is more popular than slots and roulette. Baccarat is quite easy to understand and play. It is the game of the elite, which eventually made it onto the virtual space. On this page, we give you the chance to play Baccarat from NetEnt for free without registration. Play the free version of the game at the beginning of this page.
Varieties of Baccarat
The two most common variants are classic baccarat and mini-baccarat. In these games, the player’s only decision is the choice of bets. The dealer performs all actions; in the case of online casinos – by the software. In the classic version, the player also decides whether or not to draw the third card. Mini baccarat has one of the highest RTP among the casino table games, i.e. 98.94%.
Rules of the game
The player selects a chip size and places his bet. He can bet on the player, banker and tie. Then the dealer deals two cards to himself and the player. The goal of the game is to have a hand total of 9 or closer to 9 than the dealer. The value of Ace is one point; cards from 2 to 9 have their value shown while cards from Ten to King give ten points. If the hand total is more than ten, the left digit is dropped. For example, if the value of the hand is 15, it is counted as 5. Know more about baccarat rules.
- If you have a hand that consists of Queen and Nine, your hand total is 9, not 19.
- Tens, Jacks, Queens and Kings, therefore, bring zero points.
In some cases, the dealer deals the third card to the player. These cases are:
- When the player has 0-5 points;
- When the dealer has 0-5 points, and the player hasn’t drawn a card;
- If the player took the third card, the dealer deals himself as well, depending on the number of accumulated points and the nominal value of the player’s third card.
- We recommend playing baccarat for free at the top of this page to fully understand its rules without the risk of losing your own money.
- Learn more about the rules of baccarat.
How to win at Baccarat
- Play free Baccarat to familiarise with the game and its rules before you decide to invest your own money. The basic rule for a successful baccarat game: always bet on the banker. This is the only condition. Everything else is based on luck.
- If you bet on the banker, the house advantage is 1.06%. The player bet has a house edge of 1.24% while the bet on tie has a high 14% house advantage. You should also have in mind that casino house's charge a commission on the banker’s stake, i.e. a fee of 5%. However, don’t be alarmed. This is done on purpose otherwise the house edge on this bet would have been negative, and this has to be prevented.
- NetEnt’s baccarat is played with eight decks, and they are shuffled before each hand. The number of decks has little effect on the probability of the outcome, so you don’t have to take this factor into account when trying out different playing strategies.
- Also, it makes no sense to look for any winning patterns based on the outcome of the last hand. Each new game is not dependent on the previous one.
- It is interesting to compare the probability of winning both the player and the banker depending on how many points the player has. Namely, the banker will win more often if a player has a hand value of between 0 and 5 points. Also, only if a player has a hand value of more than six points, he would likely win. With six points the probability of winning is 43%, with eight, it is 81%.