How to find a profitable pokie in a casino?
During usual gambling, a profitable pokie is an illusion. The punter does not have a positive mathematical expectation in any of the pokies. It means that online casino is always in a positive balance, no matter what you do. But to be in a positive balance, it needs long-distance - months, years. At smaller intervals, the player may have a strong advantage. You need to understand how to choose the most profitable pokie that is hot and ready to pay money.
How to choose from this manifold the most profitable pokie? Or at least ten pokies? Which of the machines are hit and which are cold at the moment? There is no single-valued answer to these questions, but we can offer you our version. And there you have to decide for yourself whether it suits you or not. First, let's take a look at the main factors that you should pay attention when choosing a pokie.
How to choose a pokie on the return
RTP (return to player percentage).These three letters should be familiar to any experienced punter. This is an indicator of the pokie's profitability on the long distance. For example, you can take Blood Suckers pokie. Its RTP is 98%. This means that while you are passing the full cycle, the pokie will return 98% of all bets that were made. This is a theoretical indicator. You do not need to be intuitively oriented to it and to ignore all other factors. And that's why.
Let's compare Blood Suckers and Geisha Wonders (RTP 93.4%) pokies. The second pokie may be more profitable than the first one. Why? Well, because the period is too short. What are thousands of spins compared to millions? Just nothing. At such a short distance anything can happen, and here everything depends on luck.
Let's go further. Another important factor is the volatility (dispersion). It characterises the frequency and amount of winning in a specific pokie. The higher is the volatility, the more potential this machine has, but longer you will have to wait for big winning. The lower volatility is, the more often small winning will come, but the big winning will be very rare.
A good example is Dead or Alive pokie. It is an excellent pokie, but it can take away money for months. And if you catch a lot of wilds in the free spins – it will give a huge amount, as they say, "from the heart". This is the principle of high volatility. This is an indicator of "riskiness". Also, as you know: higher is the risk, better is the reward.
These two factors are maybe decisive. But there is a third moment - pokie's cycle of winning. The length of the cycle theoretically shows those same periods when the pokie is "on the return" or when it ruthlessly swallows money not offering anything in return. For example, the length of the cycle Arabian Nights pokie is very long (because there is a progressive jackpot), and in Evolution pokie the length of the cycle is short. The winning here falls more often, but their amount is small. The length of the cycle is showing how often the accumulated prize pool will be given in big winning to any of the players. You can get additional information on the following pages:
- How to win at Netent pokies?
- Hidden data of Netent pokies
- Hidden data of Microgaming machines
- Secrets of Yggdrasil pokies
The algorithm of choosing
Well, let's pass with you to more practical things. There is everything that you need to do to find the most profitable pokie :
- Choose 10 pokies with a high RTP. Thanks to God, NetEnt produced a huge number of decent pokies, so the choice is excellent. We recommend choosing pokies with RTP above 96%. Choose a pokie to your taste, but with a high percentage of payouts.
- Check out the hidden data (volatility, the probability of triggering of features, wagering rating) of all Netent pokies. You can choose as high volatility or low volatility ones. Here everything depends on the preferences of each player. Let's say that in recent years, pokies with high volatility are more popular. In this case, it is important to correlate the pokie's volatility with your bankroll. If you only have money for 50 - 100 bets – that will be not enough to play at Dead or Alive. It is always better to have the cash for 500+ spins in pokies with high volatility.
- Carefully study the hidden parameters of the pokies and the tester's recommendations at the section how to win Netent pokies.
- Testing in the demo mode. The demo mode of NetEnt pokies is unique. In it, they work the same as when playing for real money. Take the list of chosen pokies and start testing each of them in the free mode. So, you will not lose a cent and reveal the current mood of each of them.
- You should look at the result of the game. What do you need to pay attention to? First of all, on the frequency of triggering the bonus features, how often the winning are and what is their amount. The action you see, the higher is the probability that the current pokie is hot, and it is now on the return.
- Play for real money. Let's say, you found a couple of pokies and tested them. Everything is perfect. You start spinning for real money and getting big winning. You should stop in time and more to the next one. Once the pokie has stopped to give winning, you can go to the next pokie that was tested. If you cannot find pokies that are hot, you can try to choose different developers. For example, Microgaming, NYX, ELK Studios. However, we cannot be sure that testing in demo mode is the working of these companies.
- Choose a trusted online casino. We strongly recommend that you play only in trusted online casinos to be sure that pokies are licensed, and winning will be paid to you without any problems.
- How to win in the casino with the help of mathematics?
- The theory of prize pool of winning in pokies
- If a player can influence on the pokie?
Where to play
- Choose Fastpay casino with no-hassle withdraws and very friendly live-chat support (24/7). The payouts are one of the fastest in the online business (up to 5 minutes, but most of them less than a minute).