The situation around online poker 2007-2020
As you know, the online gambling industry is going through significant changes. Even the PokerStars operator has introduced a new format for SNG - Spin and Go with random prizes and very fast blinds raising and added online casino games. The reason is - fish losing their money too fast. I think that all companies that are involved in online gambling realise that the era of online poker came to an end. Many poker rooms re-educated in online casinos and happy to keep their punters in this segment. Let`s try to analyse the background to the present state of affairs with online poker and casino.
Online gambling: 2007-2020year
The history of online poker
In early 2007, many people thought that earnings via online gambling – it`s cool. First of all, these sentiments touched online poker. Apparent advantages of such work pushed many players to leave a job and devote themselves to the game. As a bonus, there was an opportunity to "work" at any time and from anywhere in the world where there is an Internet connection.
Thousands of players have made poker their primary source of income. At the same time, a large number of so-called poker schools willing to teach beginners the basics of poker in exchange for registration via their affiliate link. In this case, schools were getting 60-70% of all rake (commissions) that punter pays to the poker room. Most significant among them was Poker strategy. They were fundamentally different from others with giving away free starting capital of $ 50. Naturally, the money could not be immediately withdrawn, and they are subject to certain restrictions.
There were plenty of scams that are specifically lost these basic start-up capital accounts to themselves using proxies, virtual windows machines and VPN services. Poker-rooms successfully detected part of the accounts and banned with the balance; others managed to scroll through fraudulent schemes double-up tournaments. But the bulk of the newcomers continued to study. How has the situation with online poker in the coming years?
What killed online poker?
- Free online training, access to new training videos inevitably raised the level of the majority of players that this has led to the fact that frank fish that deposit to have fun were losing their money in a few hours, without any chance of the winning. The number of such players has been falling rapidly.
- At the same time even, novices continued to improve. They had no choice. The one, who made poker their primary source of income, could not afford to lose money. It was an excellent incentive to continue their education and develop their skills.
- As a result, the overall level of the game has grown so much that the poker rooms have been forced to introduce additional restrictions to protect beginners. The main reason for this policy was that professional players do not generate a lot of rakes. Your winnings at the beginner they just took out of the system. And they avoided playing with the same levels of partners.
Online poker is dead
To date, we have virtually collapsed tool to attract newcomers to the machine called "online poker":
- Poker rooms, which kicked regulars and want to have only known weak players.
- Facts outright theft of money from poker operators from the accounts of winning players.
- Thousands of bots that are running in separate poker networks with the consent of the poker rooms.
- Cheating with commissions to partners that attract new players.
- More and more "casino" games in poker rooms. Masked (as spin and go) and unmasked as pokies, roulette and blackjack.
I think that 2020 will be the last year in the history of online poker in its modern form. Online poker is dead. Loyal fans of online pokers shoot video, which should help people to dump rose-coloured glasses and abandon the game.
Online poker - online casino instead
Today the situation is the following: online casino gambling is often more profitable than online poker. Field increasingly enhanced, and the volatility of pokies reached a very high level. Players can win thousands of their total bet per single spin. Due to the increase of negative expectations in poker (increasing of rake) player more often choosing online casino instead of poker. Learn more on the next page:
Knowing now that in online casino player can get a positive expectation of the winning, will you continue to play poker?